ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

PrECISE - It's the New SOPA/PIPA/ACTA

<< < (3/5) > >>

superboyac:
^^To me, on a smaller more personal scale, this means to watch what I spend my money on.  I'm trying my best to give money directly to those who are producing what I desire.  For example, instead of handing my money to the cashier, I'd rather hand it to a neighbor growing tomatoes.  The problem is the big expenses, the ones that count, those go directly into the system and all sorts of people you don't know about nor ever will get their hands on it immediately.  These are things like mortgages, most kinds of leases, internet/mobile services, those big electronic purchases you save for, etc.  It's tough.

Practicing this is also difficult because it's more work.  I have to think about who are the right people that I want to pay.  I have to look for and find people who are good at what they do.  It involves a lot of interaction, a lot of legwork.  It could all be for naught, but it feels good.

Tuxman:
There are a few companies which would NEVER get my money, like Sony Music. Weird enough that many artists still think they need a big marketing company to promote their stuff, even in times of the internet.

superboyac:
There are a few companies which would NEVER get my money, like Sony Music. Weird enough that many artists still think they need a big marketing company to promote their stuff, even in times of the internet.
-Tuxman (February 24, 2012, 03:43 AM)
--- End quote ---
Unfortunately, Sony keeps tempting me with their new gadgets.   :(
Cmon Sparx tablet!!

Tuxman:
Samsung Galaxy Tab!

40hz:
-Tuxman (February 24, 2012, 03:43 AM)
--- End quote ---
Unfortunately, Sony keeps tempting me with their new gadgets.   :(
Cmon Sparx tablet!!
-superboyac (February 24, 2012, 10:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just get yourself a Rasberry Pi to sooth the unbearable urges of your inner geek. They're only $25 - and they'll be shipping very shortly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version