ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ReImage: online Windows repair!

<< < (20/22) > >>

4wd:
Oh, it's too late for NASA. You may want to get a roll of tin foil while you're out to line your new hard hat. :D-Innuendo (March 04, 2012, 09:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

If I get an aluminium one maybe I'll save money!

:P

Curt:
just to prove my good will:

New and updated features in Hard Disk Manager 12 Pro:

Completely new partitioning engine – the strongest and fastest available – is highly compatible with all new hard drives, and supports the new GPT partitioning scheme in addition to all modern file systems

Split partition wizard to separate OS and data, or different types of data, by splitting one partition into two different partitions of the same type and file system

Support for the latest version of Oracle’s “VirtualBox 4” Hypervisor

Resume operations on virtual volumes in case of disconnection or any other unexpected situation

Read-only mode for virtual disks to make sure disk data is not altered during copy or other operations

Improved backup processing speed through the use of asynchronous writing operations

New partition alignment available for bare metal restore to ensure that there will be no performance loss due to incorrect partition alignment

Updated P2P Adjust OS Wizard injects all required drivers and operations crucial to successfully migrate and start up a Win2K+ physical system on a different hardware platform (P2P)

Additional protection for your backup files using encryption to avoid unauthorized access

Improved migration functionality makes the existing system bootable in a new hardware environment

Three types of comprehensive recovery environments to choose from based on the latest Linux, DOS and WinPE 3.0 – available on CD/DVD/Blu-ray, thumb drives or Backup Capsule
Six new data wiping algorithms: US Navy, British HMG Infosec, German VSItR, Australian ASCI 33, Guttman's, Schneier's

Support for UEFI installations of operating systems

Better end-user support, with detailed logs and fsdumps readily available to our support team to quickly resolve all incoming help calls

Improved Apple HFS+ support

Installation without reboot means it’s no longer necessary to reboot your computer after installing Paragon Hard Disk Manager 12-Paragon
--- End quote ---

full price is $100, upgrade price is $50
Remember that Paragon releases major upgrades every year.

Should this post had been in another thread? Really not. I am posting here to accept the theory that maybe Paragon was not the reason I lost my data...

Curt:
The normal price is $70 / €53 for a year, -Curt (February 09, 2012, 02:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
Now with a 20% discount.
To redeem this amazing offer please use this coupon code: con20
Yearly Unlimited $55.96
Yearly for 3 PC's $79.96-ReImage
--- End quote ---
-Curt (February 16, 2012, 11:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
If it does all these jobs it says, for a small office that is not a bad idea. but it's not that far from win7 upgrade price, no?-iphigenie (February 17, 2012, 02:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

The con20 discount is plus VAT, making it €54 => $75 all the same.   
I am not a small office, so I purchased Win 8 Pro for $35 instead.
For (most) private people (me!) ReImage is much too expensive!  :down:

Curt:
For (most) private people (me!) ReImage is much too expensive!  :down: -Curt (March 21, 2013, 06:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

I tested the program's initial scanner, wrote the above post, and clicked Uninstall. I was then asked why I wanted to do this, so I clicked that I couldn't afford the price, and even gave my name and email address. To my surprise I was offered to have the program at €24,95 Hmm... "ReImage is now half too expensive"... well, you've already guessed it: I took the offer!

The repair took less than an hour, and a reboot.
Did it work? Yes! The error that worried me, has gone!  :up:

http://www.reimageplus.com/
http://www.reimageplus.com/lp/uninstall/?tracking=uninstall

Edit: This was on Win 7 Home Premium.  
I am saving the above mentioned Win 8 Pro disk for later.

kyrathaba:
Here's my 2 cents' worth: regular images made with Macrium Reflect (free edition is sufficient). And be sure to have thumb drive and CD with Macrium Boot PE, so you can get access to your images, even when you're PC is hosed (which it most likely will be, if you're wanting to restore from an image). You can make the bootable rescue media from within Macrium:

Note: You may have to install Windows Automated Installation Kit from the Microsoft Download Center before you can create rescue media.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version