ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ReImage: online Windows repair!

<< < (19/22) > >>

Innuendo:
Curt, sorry I didn't answer you before you lost your patience, but I do think you are going to be much happier with your PC.

How's the performance? I'm sure it's no slower, and probably faster, than Vista is/was. :)

4wd:
... that damn Paragon program from a USB stick via command prompts, my old Vista would suddenly work again. Utopia?-Curt (March 03, 2012, 09:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'd like to know why you and Innuendo both feel that Paragons program is to blame when, by your own admission:
a) your system has been unstable for 19+ months;
b) you blindly clicked remove in Revo Uninstaller, (a program which I've managed to trash a system with by not paying attention);
c) you seem to try almost every program available, (no offence meant but it really does look that way).

I guess NASA are going to feel pretty crap soon....maybe I should go out and buy a hardhat....

Curt:
I'd like to know why you and Innuendo both feel that Paragons program is to blame when, by your own admission:
a) your system has been unstable for 19+ months;
b) you blindly clicked remove in Revo Uninstaller, (a program which I've managed to trash a system with by not paying attention);
c) you seem to try almost every program available, (no offence meant but it really does look that way).-4wd (March 04, 2012, 03:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

No offence taken.

I now think to understand that my Vista had errors from the beginning, because I noticed sluggishness the first time I used it. But that was 5 weeks after the purchase, and in Denmark we have 28 days to regret a purchase - so it was too late for a refund. I couldn't imagine that it was Windows that had the error, I was certain it had to be the hardware, so I didn't trust the shop when they said that they would send the machine to someone else to repair the OS software, not the hardware. And when they said I absolutely would lose my files, I refused. Much later I realized they were right, the hardware seems to be fine, so the error must have been within Vista. Anyway, my "unstable" Vista was more like Explorer being slow and fragile, than Vista being unstable.

When I uninstalled a Paragon DEMO trial, I was given my first blue screen of death. It was impossible to fix Vista until I managed to reinstall the demo. My second blue screen was when I asked Revo to remove the Paragon it was monitoring. Don't we all trust Revo? I did, so Paragon had to be blamed. Maybe I should just blame myself and Revo, but the case is that Revo has removed other programs without any problems, so in my head Paragon is the sinner.

Yes, I've tried more than a thousand programs. But I have also spend aeons waiting for (the free) Revo to scan & clean after each program. But of course, there are always traces.

Curt:
I hope you didnt lose anything important :-[ -tomos (March 03, 2012, 03:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you, Tom.

I have lots of backups, I just didn't think in time to also save my Internet links, and a list of installed programs, and a copy of my Flashnote-notes. Inconvenient, but not terrible important. Furthermore, W7 has (of course) overwritten my C-drive, but not my D-drive. So 400 GB were untouched!
 :up:

Innuendo:
I'd like to know why you and Innuendo both feel that Paragons program is to blame when, by your own admission:-4wd (March 04, 2012, 03:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

I didn't think it was the sole culprit to blame, but it did seem to be the camel that broke the camel's back.

I guess NASA are going to feel pretty crap soon....maybe I should go out and buy a hardhat....

--- End quote ---

Oh, it's too late for NASA. You may want to get a roll of tin foil while you're out to line your new hard hat. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version