ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ReImage: online Windows repair!

<< < (10/22) > >>

Curt:
-thanks, iphigenie. If I purchase a motherboard, like 4wd suggested, I am entitled to also purchase a W7 disc like Home Premium OEM for $100. I would expect such a disc to strictly be one machine only. I am thinking going that road, just to make sure I have a disc; My close-by shop, where I bought the Vista, will only sell systems without discs. My Vista was such OEM.

Stoic Joker:
W7 Business is best imo.-cmpm (February 17, 2012, 10:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Is "Business" the same as "Enterprise", or...?-Curt (February 20, 2012, 09:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

There is no Win7 Business edition, it's Professional.

Enterprise & Ultimate are identical feature-wise...only the license model changes (and the need for a key validation server for the Ent Lic.).

Curt:
-thanks, Stoic Joker. I have heard of many W7 versions, but when I visit Microsoft's Danish store, I can only choose between Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate. Nothing else. My Windows 2000 was a Professional, and I hated how I always had to answer annoying questions about sharing, so I guess I will stick to Home Premium, but so far only because I don't know what Home Basic is or even how to get it.

tomos:
Windows xpmode only comes with professional or higher. Might be worth having...

FWIW, I have professional on a standalone machine, I installed it myself and dont remember much about it - meaning it was *not* traumatic ;-) & not much in the line of questions.

Curt:
-can W7 Professional be told that this station is for one user only, or do you have to keep answering questions about if you want to share this file?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version