ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ReImage: online Windows repair!

<< < (5/22) > >>

iphigenie:
looks a bit step for me but the 3 year license looks better.

this is an image software that i highly recomend: http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/index.htm  (now nice bundle 40% with bootit too)
-flamerz (February 09, 2012, 03:41 AM)
--- End quote ---

I bought the terabyte software because it is so highly recommended. Never managed to use it, it's got such strange hoops one has to jump though to run it and it seems you need to boot off a license floppy thingie. I gave up, should actually have asked for a refund. Never installed or manage to run it.

Innuendo:
I bought the terabyte software because it is so highly recommended. Never managed to use it, it's got such strange hoops one has to jump though to run it and it seems you need to boot off a license floppy thingie. I gave up, should actually have asked for a refund. Never installed or manage to run it.
-iphigenie (February 11, 2012, 09:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Do people even use floppies anymore?

Curt:
The normal price is $70 / €53 for a year, -Curt (February 09, 2012, 02:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Now with a 20% discount.

To redeem this amazing offer please use this coupon code: con20

Yearly Unlimited $55.96
Yearly for 3 PC's $79.96
-ReImage
--- End quote ---

iphigenie:
-iphigenie (February 11, 2012, 09:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Do people even use floppies anymore?
-Innuendo (February 11, 2012, 10:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

probably it can burn a CD by now... But this messing with your boot, installing a boot manager and hocus pocus around the key, well, it put me off. But somehow it needs to install something at the book layer. Software seems well aware of other OSes from their website, but still...

Boot thingies and partition level changes break machines. I am not doing this BEFORE I have made a backup copy.

Oh wait, I'm installing this so I can do a backup copy.

Ah, well, let me install some other backup tool first then...

And years later I remind myself how I bought this software untested and never got around to using it, and feel cheated.

iphigenie:
The normal price is $70 / €53 for a year, -Curt (February 09, 2012, 02:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Now with a 20% discount.

To redeem this amazing offer please use this coupon code: con20

Yearly Unlimited $55.96
Yearly for 3 PC's $79.96
-ReImage
--- End quote ---
-Curt (February 16, 2012, 11:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

If it does all these jobs it says, for a small office that is not a bad idea. but it's not that far from win7 upgrade price, no?

Looking at what it helpfully says for free, your main problem is windows search. That was my main problem on one of my machines. Nasty thing. And it is hard to uninstall, but can be disabled and its index minimised.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version