ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ReImage: online Windows repair!

<< < (3/22) > >>

Curt:
-you don't purchase a soft, but an online service.

Innuendo:
Awfully steep, IMHO, for something I *might* need.

Besides, if/when my OS install becomes "unstable" or "corrupted" I lose faith in the whole foundation its built upon and do a fresh format/restore. Windows 7 makes it a trivial affair to do an OS reinstall & it also has the side benefit of getting rid of all the file & registry orphans/cruft that's been lying about from old software I no longer need or installed to try & discovered wasn't right for me.

...and what if what's wrong with your OS is keeping you from getting online to access this tool? If your PC is crashing/rebooting before it gets to the desktop then the usefulness of this service is severely diminished.

Stoic Joker:
...and what if what's wrong with your OS is keeping you from getting online to access this tool? If your PC is crashing/rebooting before it gets to the desktop then the usefulness of this service is severely diminished.-Innuendo (February 09, 2012, 02:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

We're on the same page ... First line of defense needs to be a bit closer at hand.

tomos:
I can see the attraction - even for a once off use - rather than reinstall (+ all programmes) or do a repair install (if that's even possible, still need to apply all updates afterwards).

Innuendo:
We're on the same page ... First line of defense needs to be a bit closer at hand.
-Stoic Joker (February 09, 2012, 02:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

The other thing is the world is full of yahoos who *think* they know how to fix a computer & don't. Oh, they may 'mostly' fix it, but you are going to have troubles down the line.

Bottom line is I know what I'm doing to fix my PC. I don't know what nebulous web site in the cloud is doing to 'fix' my PC...especially if it's in the spirit of some mechanics leaving something half-fixed or broken so you are guaranteed to be a repeat customer in the future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version