ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ReImage: online Windows repair!

<< < (2/22) > >>

db90h:
The question is one of implementation. If they did a good implementation, then they have potential. If they did a poor one, then they may screw up a lot of PCs in an attempt to 'restore' them. And, yes, this does, in many (or all) ways, overlap the features added in Vista to do this very thing.

Curt:
And, yes, this does, in many (or all) ways, overlap the features added in Vista to do this very thing.-db90h (February 09, 2012, 08:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

-rubbish. System Restore will NEVER go online to replace or find files.

db90h:
And, yes, this does, in many (or all) ways, overlap the features added in Vista to do this very thing.-db90h (February 09, 2012, 08:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

-rubbish. System Restore will NEVER go online to replace or find files.

-Curt (February 09, 2012, 10:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

It doesn't have to, it reserves a portion of your disk space to keep old copies. But, yes, I take back 'all'.

Curt:
-sorry! Because you have quoted me, it is too late for me to edit my previous post.

What you may not have noticed is, "my second most often crashed program is: System Restore!" AND "my Vista is unstable". I could also quote myself from two other threads: "using System Restore didn't help", AND "my original (Vista) backup has been corrupted".

You probably didn't know all this, and I ask for your forgiveness for assuming you did. For me, the important feature of ReImage is above all the abillity to go online and REPAIR my Vista. System Restore cannot do any of this, because my backup has been corrupted.

ha14:
The only way to find out is to try Reimage, but yearly license and no ability to use the soft without re-purchase/upgrade after one year, makes me wonder?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version