ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Some help needed with ScreenShotCaptor

<< < (4/6) > >>

Ath:
This example is different again in that it's a PDF within the browser - presumably in Adobe Reader?
-tomos (March 17, 2012, 11:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
Assuming you addressed me:
No, I don't have Adobe reader installed, but Foxit PDF reader. AFAIK that doesn't have a plug-in for Chrome (in contrary to FireFox), so I guess Chrome handles pdf display itself.

Only action I did to ease the capture, is I made sure I could scroll the pdf with the mousewheel, then did the capture, using the recommended test and everything auto-guessed, with the 1 correction I wrote about in my previous post.

tomos:
This example is different again in that it's a PDF within the browser - presumably in Adobe Reader?
-tomos (March 17, 2012, 11:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
Assuming you addressed me:
No, I don't have Adobe reader installed, but Foxit PDF reader. AFAIK that doesn't have a plug-in for Chrome (in contrary to FireFox), so I guess Chrome handles pdf display itself.-Ath (March 17, 2012, 01:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry for the confusion, Ath - that was directed at peterlonz's Firefox 11

tomos:
I updated to FF11, and get the same results so far in any webpage or PDF file tried:

no response to a Control+Click within the red frame.

If I right-click the red frame/title and select "Capture selection now", I get the dialogue where I can choose scrolling capture.
Testing the window, so far, I always get this message:

Application being captured: firefox.exe (MozillaWindowClass)

ATTENTION: A number of methods were attempted to scroll the contents of the target window, but nothing worked.

Sometimes when this happens it simply means you have to first click inside the actual content area of the window to be captured.

You could try clicking inside the target window where the content is, and then click the "Re-test" button; or choose manual scroll method below.

Alternatively, if you selected a full application window, click the "Back" button and re-select a more specific scrollable content area.
--- End quote ---

clicking &/or scrolling within the window doesnt help.
I didnt take it any further.

so,
there does seem to be a bug in connection with FF 11

peterlonz:
"You didn't mention the pdf reader installed into Firefox?"

Well in truth I just don't know, & the same applies to Chrome
I searched for a list of Add-0ns installed & I could see no .pdf reader listed.
The reader I have installed in order to open .pdf files is Foxit reader.

"What version of ScreenShotCaptor are you actually using, it sounds as if you have a pre-3.0 version?"
No I stated at the outset that I have SSC-V3 installed.

If there is a bug in SSC I'd suggest it affects both FF & Chrome & it would seem I am not alone encountering user problems.

mouser:
Still working fine here with Firefox 11.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version