ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Some help needed with ScreenShotCaptor

<< < (2/6) > >>

peterlonz:
I am having the exact problem & the answer seems far from intuitive.
Capturing several pages, of say a pdf file, in one action, is surely the object.

So in mt test case; I see most but not all of say page 1, & I know there are 3 pages to this datasheet.
Screen capture is running updated to version 3.
I select: Capture - Grab Object or scrolling window (looks like the most probable course of action).
Then I see a red frame & appear & I am asked to cntrl-click but doing so produces no result.
Not sure exactly where I go/point to cntrl-click.
Would have thought the presence of the material on screen would have been understood by the program to be the target.

So here I am with the most frequent & difficult task, for which I sought out Screen Capture, & I can't make it work.
Surely I don't have to watch an instruction video for something so fundamental?

Help please.

Mattes57:
When the red frame appears, it tells you what Window Object you chose, for example "MozillaWindowClass" if Firefox had the focus, or "ConsoleWindowClass", if it is a command prompt window. So be sure to select the proper object.
Then, use Ctrl-click. A menu should appear asking what to do. Option "3" will start auto-scrolling and capturing that object (after asking for additional options).

tomos:
So here I am with the most frequent & difficult task, for which I sought out Screen Capture, & I can't make it work.
Surely I don't have to watch an instruction video for something so fundamental?
-peterlonz (March 15, 2012, 02:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

You shouldnt need to:
Here, I press the Control key and left-click the mouse anywhere within the red square.

If that's not working for you, you must have found a bug (maybe you could give more details if it doesnt work).

I would recommend watching the videos for scrolling capture anyways - at the end of the day, you'll save yourself time, as it can be complex. But it works great ;-)

peterlonz:
Thanks guys,
It simply does not work as you describe, & yes I have watched the 3 videos. This is not something that is easy to describe. However I used both Chrome & FF in-built features (NOT Screen Capture) to capture the multi-page datasheet which was displaying in both browsers as a pdf file. After a wee bit of trial & error: all done in less than 10 minutes, & I could now do it in a matter of seconds. Very clearly I have been attempting to use an unsuitable program in Screen Capture.
Despite that I have to say SC is so non-intuitive to use, in anything other than an obvious way, that I cannot see why so many rave about it.
With the greatest of respect to the talented author.

Ath:
Please give 'names and numbers' for the browsers and pdf readers (that integrate into your browser(s)) you've used in your attempts, so others can replay and try to discover why it isn't working for you :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version