ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Is WinZip still worth updating?

<< < (12/15) > >>

Carol Haynes:
Corel - the place where great software goes to die!

wraith808:
Corel managed to ruin everything they bought so far.-Tuxman (February 12, 2012, 01:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

I mean when I say the following in every conceivable way possible....

Corel is the productivity software counterpart to Electronic Arts.
-Innuendo (February 12, 2012, 03:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Electronic Arts isn't *that* bad.  They've made some bad choices (as has Activision), but EA can be localized to a few people, not endemic to the whole company.

Innuendo:
Electronic Arts isn't *that* bad.  They've made some bad choices (as has Activision), but EA can be localized to a few people, not endemic to the whole company.
-wraith808 (February 12, 2012, 04:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

You are being kind, forgetful, or young. :D

What gamers among us have not shed a tear for Bullfrog, Origin, Westwood, and countless others who were bought by EA only to have their companies dismantled & their intellectual property to be locked away in EA's vaults never to see the light of day again.

wraith808:
What gamers among us have not shed a tear for Bullfrog, Origin, Westwood, and countless others who were bought by EA only to have their companies dismantled & their intellectual property to be locked away in EA's vaults never to see the light of day again.
-Innuendo (February 12, 2012, 06:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Take a look on GoG.com.  They might not have developed a lot of them, but they've been opening the vaults and a lot of them have found a new home.

Innuendo:
Take a look on GoG.com.  They might not have developed a lot of them, but they've been opening the vaults and a lot of them have found a new home.-wraith808 (February 12, 2012, 10:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

Feasting off their dead corpses in a money grab doesn't win any points with me, though.

They *are* 'remaking' Syndicate, I guess, but I don't have a lot of optimism for the final results.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version