ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Another Internet Cafe Death

(1/2) > >>

Renegade:
Every so often it hits the news:

http://www.smh.com.au/digital-life/games/taiwan-man-dies-playing-video-games-at-internet-cafe-police-20120206-1r0ck.html

A Taiwanese man died while playing video games at an internet cafe as dozens of other patrons carried on for hours afterwards apparently unaware that they were sitting near a corpse, according to police.

The 23-year-old checked in at the cafe in New Taipei city on Tuesday night last week and was found dead but still sitting rigidly on a chair with his hands stretched out the following night by a waitress, police said.

The waitress last saw him talking on the phone around noon on Wednesday and his body had apparently been sitting there for up to nine hours without any of the 30 other people in the cafe noticing.
--- End quote ---

And every time, it's stunning.

4wd:
Every so often it hits the news:-Renegade (February 06, 2012, 10:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Do you mean this is such a common occurrence in Taiwan that it's too mundane to report?

Personally, I'd like to know what game he was playing.....I know a few people I'd like to send it to  >:D

Renegade:
Every so often it hits the news:-Renegade (February 06, 2012, 10:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Do you mean this is such a common occurrence in Taiwan that it's too mundane to report?

Personally, I'd like to know what game he was playing.....I know a few people I'd like to send it to  >:D
-4wd (February 06, 2012, 11:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

I remember I used to read about these incidents at least once a year, but I was living in Korea then. IIRC, they were always in Taiwan and Korea.

Very little news hits the MSM in English. It's usually the same 3 stories hyped for several months until a new hypeable story rears its head.

lanux128:
Personally, I'd like to know what game he was playing.....I know a few people I'd like to send it to  >:D-4wd (February 06, 2012, 11:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

according to the reports here, the poison is WoW..

• http://www.taipeitimes.com.tw/News/front/archives/2012/02/04/2003524636

Stoic Joker:
What kind of cafe leaves a patron unattended for 9 hours?? ...Somebody's not getting a tip.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version