ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Pause/Break hotkey sometimes blocked by other programs

(1/3) > >>

Scott_Y:
Some programs are blocking the Pause/Break hotkey when they have focus (and only then -- no problem if they are running but not the focused program). Under that condition, Pause/Break does not open FARR, although Alt + Space will open it. One program which does this is Revo Uninstaller. This might be specific to Win 7 because, as I remember, I didn't have this problem in Win XP.

Has anyone had this experience, or have an idea about what is going on? Thanks.

Scott

ewemoa:
Some programs are blocking the Pause/Break hotkey when they have focus (and only then -- no problem if they are running but not the focused program). Under that condition, Pause/Break does not open FARR,
-Scott_Y (February 04, 2012, 08:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Similar situation here for VirtualBox 4.0.10.

although Alt + Space will open it.

--- End quote ---

Not here.

I don't know what is going on in any detail, but I'm under the impression there may not be anything that can be done about it -- happy to be wrong about that :)

My testing was with Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.

mouser:
just remember that you can set multiple hotkeys to trigger farr, so you can always set some backup ones to use if the normal key is blocked.

Scott_Y:
Similar situation here for VirtualBox 4.0.10.
-ewemoa (February 04, 2012, 08:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Do you mean that VirtualBox is blocking Pause/Break for FARR, similar to my experience with Revo Uninstaller?

Alt + Space... Not here.-ewemoa (February 04, 2012, 08:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

I presume you have Alt + Space enabled in FARR Settings > Hotkeys.

I don't know what is going on in any detail, but I'm under the impression there may not be anything that can be done about it -- happy to be wrong about that :)

My testing was with Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.-ewemoa (February 04, 2012, 08:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I suspect it has something to do with Windows -- in which case, tough luck. I'm using Win 7 HP 64-bit

Scott_Y:
just remember that you can set multiple hotkeys to trigger farr, so you can always set some backup ones to use if the normal key is blocked.
-mouser (February 04, 2012, 08:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Got it, Mouser. And indeed, Alt + Space gets me past the problem. Nevertheless, it is strange that some specific programs block Pause/Break. I guess I'm mostly asking if anyone knows what the cause is. As we said above, Win 7 is a suspect; I wasn't suggesting it is FARR's fault. It's just strange.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version