ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

FARR beta release Feb 14, 2012 -- feedback please?

<< < (3/3)

mouser:
Thanks so much everyone for the feedback.
I guess this is good enough for me to do a public release of this version.

Next version I will do some more substantial feature additions.  :up:

Beta download is now gone as it is now an official download 2.104.01 (no need to update if you already grabbed the beta).

mouser:
Please redownload the new version 2.104.02 -- the version i uploaded was a debug build which will write run significantly slower than real release build that I just uploaded now.

witchfinder:
Just updated my FARR to the latest version (2.104.02) and having problems loading Office programs and documents. When I go to click on a search result in FARR, it gives me this error;

I tried Excel and Word and a number of documents for each program, and they all get the same error:(

Any suggestions?  I tried all the possible options in running programs and documents, none remedy the problem:(

I'm using Win 7 64bit as my OS and Office 2010.

- Update - I uninstalled 2.104.2 and went back to 2.102.3 and Office programs and documents ran fine through FARR once again so this has to be a bug in 2.104.2

mouser:
I will put in an option to revert back to the previous behavior.
But I wish I knew why it was causing you trouble.  What the new version is doing now is turning off wow64redirection. 

Can you do this -- can you post a screenshot of your "Launching Files" option tab? (or email it to [email protected]).

mouser:
I have uploaded a new silent update (ie no change in version #) which includes a new flag in the "Launching Files" options tab, to disable wow64redirection, which is checked by default and is the new behavior in 2.104 that may be causing you trouble.  By unchecking that option you *should* go back to previous behavior.  Let me know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version