ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Would you buy me a $0.99 track on Amazon?

<< < (7/8) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
I play a form of double satire by treating the law just like it's written, hopefully with the wink and smile that shows how absurd it is.

In general though, I'd rather just see a huge push for Creative Commons or similar, so that we take the Copyright engine out of play from the big companies.

J-Mac:
Marek,

Let me know what you need - anytime - and I'll get it to you. Shouldn’t be this hard for you!

Jim

IainB:
...There is one track (pretty niche) I specifically want to buy, but no, I can't:
 (see attachment in previous post)
-tranglos (February 03, 2012, 04:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, that's exactly the problem I had last year. The songs I wanted for my daughter (Lily) were typically US$0.99 cents (NZ$1.19) at Amazon, but I was rejected by the Amazon shop as I was in New Zealand.
It took me 15 to 20 minutes to browse the local RIAA website. Buried in the basement of their site I finally tracked down a link to an approved online music purchasing service, where the price of the songs was typically NZ$2.38 each - that's 100% more.
I understood that message very well.

justice:
Amazon UK does mp3 music too. Maybe they are more liberal. If you download a track into a shared dropbox folder, does dropbox makes the infringement as it copies your song onto the dropbox of another user?

db90h:
Sorry to hear you can't use Rhapsody, as it is the best for allowing you to either 'just access' DRM protected music, *or* buy the track in high quality MP3 format. I cancelled it though, as I prefer Pandora streaming. Of course, I'm SoL if there's no net access, but music isn't a high priority for me.

While everyone has good intentions, I caution you guys here. But, break whatever laws you want to ;p. None of my business. I have no love at all for the RIAA or MPAA. They treat their consumers like criminals and have vastly over-priced all multimedia, in my opinion. Still ... I always caution people when they are talking about breaking laws in a public forum. Yes, I know, in my opinion this isn't even breaking a law - it's like giving a gift to a friend. BUT, in their eyes, it is criminal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version