ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Hard Disk Sentinel PRO - Mini-Review

<< < (5/9) > >>

IainB:
@stq: There's quite a bit of information/discussion on the Speedfan site about the criteria necessary for Speedfan and S.M.A.R.T to work on some PCs/hard drives.

Also: Please note my edit to my last post above re getting disk Performance Monitoring to work. It doesn't seem to "stick" and has to be re-set.

IainB:
The developer (Janos) at Hard Disk Sentinel sent me a link to some cases of problems discovered using HDS.

They are under under Support -> Knowledge base -> Hard disk cases, here: http://www.hdsentinel.com/hard_disk_cases.php
I had asked him to send me some details and he has just now put up these cases on the Support pages of their website.

I think I shall send him my contribution.

rjbull:
06 March Bits du Jour e-mail:
Hard Disk Sentinel Professional Family License for PC - Coming Soon

Links:
    1. http://bitsdujour.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8caa7fb6c1132715dabbfb1ce&id=6d51b9c3b0&e=b07d947299

[2]Hard Disk Sentinel Professional Family License
52% Off
$29.99   $62.50
--- End quote ---

sujay85:
06 March Bits du Jour e-mail:
Hard Disk Sentinel Professional Family License for PC - Coming Soon

Links:
    1. http://bitsdujour.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=8caa7fb6c1132715dabbfb1ce&id=6d51b9c3b0&e=b07d947299

[2]Hard Disk Sentinel Professional Family License
52% Off
$29.99   $62.50
--- End quote ---

-rjbull (March 06, 2012, 02:23 PM)
--- End quote ---
Still there is a 30% off promotion and in case you are interested in a free license feel free to participate in the contest in my site.  8)

I hope I am not spamming.  :tellme:

IainB:
This might save some time:
I have added this EDIT to my post above, thus:
EDIT 2012-06-02:
I have been having two episodic issues with HDS PRO:

* 1. It doesn't always start up with Windows like it should, and I have not yet figured out why.
* 2. The Registry settings to enable real-time disk performance settings do not "stick", so I have now automated the workaround changes to the registry in a .reg file, contents as follows:SpoilerWindows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[BLANK]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Perfdisk\Performance]
"Disable Performance Counters"="0"
[BLANK]

The [BLANK] lines must be just that - blank lines.

The steps are:

* shut down HDS PRO (if it is running).
* in Windows Explorer, double-click on the .reg file (I call mine Enable disk perf counters.reg).
* restart HDS PRO.
That's all. The real-time disk performance monitoring should now be working in HDS PRO.
You don't need to reboot or anything.
Please note, this is in Win7-64 Home Premium. The appropriate .reg commands and even rebooting may well be different for other versions of Windows.
-IainB (February 06, 2012, 03:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version