ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

convert digital text to hardwritten text (sic)

(1/1)

kalos:
hello!

there are various projects that aim at converting hardwritten text into digital text

I would like the opposite: to convert typed/digital text into "hardwritten text"

one solution would be to just use one of those fonts that look like handwritten text

but they wouldn't give the totally natural handwritten effect, since the same letters each time must be a bit different, and the place of each letter each time must be a bit different

any idea?

anything like this already exists?

thanks!

kunkel321:
First you'd have to invent a hand!  lol
I guess a person could try to make some kind of adaptive/dynamic font (that looked like cursive).  Different versions of a letter would be used--depending on what letters preceded or followed it--to ensure the appearance of a continuous line...   
I'm not aware of any software that does this. 

If a programmer REALLY wanted to be super-geeky, he could study http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphology then make options for the font to utilize different human characteristics (check here to make left-handed writing, etc).

tomos:
You need lots of time and/or money ;-)
(write it out by hand)

There are some fonts that have multiple versions of many letters to make text more interesting and/or "handwritten". I was looking at some lately, will see if I can find them. I dont know how they work e.g. how do you choose which "k" is used if there are three versions of it...

cranioscopical:
With the right software you can create a word as a glyph within a font. If what you need to produce is very limited/repetetive you might look into that option.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version