topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:42 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: CHS capturing inconsistencies?  (Read 2847 times)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
CHS capturing inconsistencies?
« on: January 31, 2012, 01:07 PM »
So I've been dedicating myself to using CHS as my primary clipboard manager for the past several months.  Unfortunately for mouser, this means I'm going to have more nitpicks!  ;D

--I'm doing a lot of copying and pasting from pdf's to notetakers.  Very very often, I'll copy something from the pdf and it doesn't show up in CHS at all.  But it shows up in Ethervan Echo, no problem.  I also get that clipboard chain error frequently, but whether I get that error or not, it doesn't seem to affect if the clip appears in CHS.  Sometimes the clip appears with the error, sometimes the clip doesn't appear and you still get the error.  Some pdf's work better than others, but Echo has no problem with either of them.

--Let's say the clip is now in CHS.  I need to tweak the clip before pasting it, so I use the fancy modify/format features and do my thing, or I manually edit stuff.  Then I go to the notetaker and paste it, but it pastes the OLD version of the clip.  It doesn't seem to save the changes in real time.  I have to go into CHS, change the selected clip to something else, and that seems to save the modified version of the clip for pasting.

--The column widths are very rigid.  Could I suggest a horizontal scroll bar or something?  The way it is now, it demands that all the columns are fully fitted inside the total width available.  But what I want is pretty wide columns that show most of everything (without any ...), but I can't do that because the columns are so inflexible.  I can remove columns to make more room, but I don't want to.  I want a lot of columns, very wide columns, and I don't mind if they don't fit and just go off to the side, and scrolling is necessary.

--selected item appearance.  I know you added all the appearance tweaks (thanks!) but you didn't add the selected item appearance tweaks which was really what prompted me to suggest it in the first place.  And what I really mean is the selected cell, not just the row (that one you've added).  The selected cell looks the same as the rest of the grid, which is very awkward (to me).  If anything, I'd rather it be the same as the rest of the selected row, or another color...basically, anything BUT the same as the unselected cells.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: CHS capturing inconsistencies?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 05:25 PM »
Regarding the first.. I don't know why CHS would have any problem copying something.  Does it happen even if you don't have Echo running at the same time?  What clipboard chain error do you get? Is it always when using adobe reader?

need to tweak the clip before pasting it, so I use the fancy modify/format features and do my thing, or I manually edit stuff.  Then I go to the notetaker and paste it, but it pastes the OLD version of the clip.

You must be doing something odd.  Can you be more specific about your workflow?  When you hit ACCEPT in the modify format dialog, it immediately changes the clip text for that clip, so i don't see how it could be pasting the old text.

Regarding not autofitting columns to display -- that's a good idea, i will add an option for that.

Selected cell options, noted.