ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Farr freezes / delays : solved but...

<< < (4/5) > >>

alias:
Thanks, Armando!  FWIW, this is also the same problem I've been having for well over a year, as described in this thread...

Mark

Armando:
Thanks, Armando!  FWIW, this is also the same problem I've been having for well over a year, as described in this thread...

Mark
-alias (April 03, 2012, 07:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Cool ! And... You're welcome !
I must admit that the delays were so bad that I almost installed Launchy !!  :o :-)

f0dder:
Had the freezes/delays as well - enough to irritate me slightly, but not enough to actually figure out how to fix it. Had missed this thread, and only saw it because of this other thread. Ignored FARR process in MSE, presto, blazing speed.

Wouldn't go as far as calling MSE ill-mannered - to extract icons from executables, the files need to be opened and read from... one could argue that scanning should only be done when attempting to execute a file, but then I could make a program that simply reads malware from a .jpg and executes it from memory.

link68759:
Ever since the new version, across two different laptops and my desktop, FARR has been sluggish.

I just excluded it from MSE and I will make a new thread if that doesn't fix it. I don't have MSE on my desktop and I think the new version is still slow there.'

Additionally, ever since this new version, klipkeeper hasn't been working properly. It seems to miss several registers and it's very annoying.

erikts:
Thanks to you, Armando. I have the same problem running FARR on Windows 8 64. I put FARR in the exclude list of Windows Defender (MSE version for Windows 8 ) and the search is near instantaneous.  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version