ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

How I fought Firefox and won

<< < (3/4) > >>

tranglos:
-this Custom Buttons site is too weird for me - I don't understand what it is; No files, no descriptions. Nothing.
-Curt (January 31, 2012, 11:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

I agree, it's not friendly at all, but it's there. Click "Installation" on top, you'll see a list of releases. Click a link to install or right-click and save the xpi file to disk.

For some reason the xpi says it's compatible only up to FF 7, but after saving the xpi file locally I could install it in FF 9.0.1 without even modifying the compatibility info in the extenion's install.rdf file.

Curt:
-thanks, tranglos.
But still, "fixed this and fixed that", but what do the addon do?

tranglos:
Also, the addon with the very long name Mozilla Archive Format, with MHT and Faithful Save, has a "title save", but I no longer remember "pro & cons".
-Curt (January 30, 2012, 04:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks, Curt! I remember having seen it before. Does it save mht format only, or can it saves as plain html as well?  I don't want mht, because it takes much more space, isn't as easily searchable and may not be viewable in Firefox or Chrome (it wasn't before; don't know about now. I need the files saved as plain html without any of the additional baggage.

And the ability to use selected text as title is also quite useful, because plenty of blogs and even news magazines still do not put article titles in the html title tags, so each article would be saved as "Someone's blog.html". Instead, I just select the actual title, press Ctrl+S and am done.

tranglos:
-thanks, tranglos.
But still, "fixed this and fixed that", but what do the addon do?
-Curt (January 31, 2012, 01:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's on the "Home" page:

The custombuttons extension gives a possibility to create custom toolbarbuttons.
--- End quote ---

daddydave:
Like the custom configuration stuff!  :Thmbsup: Nice to know about Custom Buttons. Seems like its usefulness overlaps with an extension I recently discovered called PrefBar, so now I am curious to install it to compare the two.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version