ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

POSTING 101

<< < (7/10) > >>

app103:
Perhaps I should work on a how-to "dummies guide" style tutorial for posting to the DC forum, complete with screenshots?

I am not being sarcastic. It's actually one of those things I am quite good at. I can simplify basic algebra to the level the average 5 year old can understand.  :D

crabby3:
Perhaps I should work on a how-to "dummies guide" style tutorial for posting to the DC forum, complete with screenshots?

I am not being sarcastic. It's actually one of those things I am quite good at. I can simplify basic algebra to the level the average 5 year old can understand.  :D
-app103 (January 26, 2013, 03:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Any relyable help or guide would be useful, app103, if it's pinned and locked.

tomos:
good idea app - a lot of people have trouble with attaching images.
I never actually knew about the picture button 40 mentions. I always used the 'Link inline image'
(which I find very obscure use of language: I dont even know what 'inline' means here; and I'm not linking, I'm uploading :tellme:)

I had started this before your post app, so I'll post it:
Wherever the anchor is will be where your picture gets displayed in your post. You can't see the picture until you actually post it to the forum because it also needs to be uploaded before the forum software can display it..-40hz (January 25, 2013, 03:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

Does this apply to My Personal Area as well?  Should I be able to see my attachment when I click post?
-crabby3 (January 26, 2013, 09:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Unfortunately you cant see it when you preview the post - but when you post it, you should be able to see it.
if you add this text below it will show within the post (where the text is).

[attachimg=#]

this for a thumbnail version:

[attachthumb=#]

these are not available via 'quick reply' at the bottom of the page:
if you do use that, click preview, and on the next page, click on the field with 'Link inline image' in it (to get the text shown above)

and a thumbnail (click to enlarge)

POSTING 101

Paul Keith:
good idea app - a lot of people have trouble with attaching images.
I never actually knew about the picture button 40 mentions. I always used the 'Link inline image'
(which I find very obscure use of language: I dont even know what 'inline' means here; and I'm not linking, I'm uploading :tellme:)-tomos (January 26, 2013, 03:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think that's intentional on mouser's side.

The forum is not really image host friendly as it might not scale well or the image might disappear. Also mass loading slows down too I think.

The image button is just there because it's a traditional toolbar template for most post editor so it's like killing two bird with one stone.

Those who know what they know still have what they want.
Those new to forums can apply the "recommended" way of doing the same function.

Inline means "inside" "line". It's the less powerful cousin of the word "embed" and the opposite of outline. It just means inside a bunch of letters, there's something inside like outline means outside a bunch of letters there are headers, sub-headers, chapters, etc. On occasions it can even be simply a synonym for inside depending on the knowledge of the reader on that particular function.

Embed would mean you can see the object once you inserted it as an attachment. Inline is like the red underline when you misspell a word. There's a "hint" to a greater feature (like [nobbc]) but no one really knows what it really all means unless you know what it should mean but at least it's inside of the text so it does not actually load anything and slow things down when editing.

Embedding an image would instantly show the image not only in the post editor but in the preview. See blog editors.

It's actually the word Link that makes things wrong IMO.

Not so confusing as to be unusable but whoever wrote it did not consider that the user sees the word attach and it should be Set Inline Attachments or Set Attached Image InPost.

Not really clearer but truer to the meaning and not requiring the reader to split the dual meaning of web link versus any other link.

I will say though, how can you not understand inline but know [nobbc]?! That's like the mother of confusing and elusive and redundant bbc code.  :P

KynloStephen66515:

-app103 (January 26, 2013, 03:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Any relyable help or guide would be useful, app103, if it's pinned and locked.
-crabby3 (January 26, 2013, 03:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

I touch on how to make draft posts, in a new tutorial video. 

I will post it in a few moment...I have uploaded it to youtube 3 times now and it keeps only giving 480p as an option...which at 1920x1080 resolution...It is IMPOSSIBLE to see what's going on.  So...I am rendering again now, hopefully it will work this time. - Should be done in about 20 minutes or so. (Upload will only take 5).

April, please continue to make the in-depth one, don't wanna step on your toes, I was just bored xD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version