ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

POSTING 101

<< < (2/10) > >>

rjbull:
Here's something that also might work for you --- try "TextEditorAnywhere".-Renegade (January 28, 2012, 09:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
+1.  It's here: Text Editor Anywhere – Edit Text Anywhere with Your Favorite Editor.  And it's free!  :Thmbsup:

It lets you use WIN+A to compose in your default text editor instead of the browser.-Renegade (January 28, 2012, 09:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hotkey is configurable  :)

You end up with a local file as well, so, if you forget and close your browser, you still have it. -Renegade (January 28, 2012, 09:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
I periodically archive up these files, and delete the really old ones.

cranioscopical:
Is there a Post Practice Area on DC where I can work on my posting ability but not actually post it?  Like a SANDBOX that nobody else was access to?   :-[
-crabby3 (January 28, 2012, 06:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
You might also want to look at this editor that understands bulletin board code. With it, you can compose your messages while offline and polish them to your heart's content before posting them (just copy from the editor and paste into a new message or a reply. It was written by DonationCoder member fenixproductions. BBC Editor provides you with a text entry pane on one side and an output pane on the other, so you see a real-time preview of what you type and how it will look on, say, DonationCoder.

superboyac:
 ;D at post practicing!

It's totally something I would do (and have done).

crabby3:
Is there a Post Practice Area on DC where I can work on my posting ability but not actually post it?  Like a SANDBOX that nobody else was access to?   :-[
-crabby3 (January 28, 2012, 06:36 AM)
--- End quote ---
You might also want to look at this editor that understands bulletin board code. With it, you can compose your messages while offline and polish them to your heart's content before posting them (just copy from the editor and paste into a new message or a reply. It was written by DonationCoder member fenixproductions. BBC Editor provides you with a text entry pane on one side and an output pane on the other, so you see a real-time preview of what you type and how it will look on, say, DonationCoder.
-cranioscopical (January 29, 2012, 05:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks to you, cranioscopical, I downloaded BBC Editor.   :)   I really like the real-time preview idea and the offline use too.   :Thmbsup:  

crabby3:
If by some chance I compose something I really like... can I post it from My Personal Area ?

--- End quote ---

When your post in Personal Area looks the way you want, click Modify, copy the source (the text that appears in the editing textbox) and then paste it into a new post on whatever thread is appropriate. I think only moderators can Move a post.
-kyrathaba (January 28, 2012, 08:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for your info, kyrathaba, you've indirectly answered another question of mine.  :)   I was wondering if I could totally screw-up and post something from My Personal Area and the answer is NO.  Because I have to copy/paste where I want it to be.   ;)

Sorry for the delayed response   :(   and Thanks Again!   :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version