ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

POSTING 101

<< < (8/10) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
Urgh, it went to 720p...Dunno why it won't go full 1080 - Might be because I recorded at a 1920x1040 resolution instead os 1080...MIGHT be that, which messed it up...oh well...for those with big motniros...it CAN be understood...but its a bit fuzzy...for those on 1280x1024...it's fine

crabby3:
Perhaps I should work on a how-to "dummies guide" style tutorial for posting to the DC forum, complete with screenshots?

I am not being sarcastic. It's actually one of those things I am quite good at. I can simplify basic algebra to the level the average 5 year old can understand.  :D
-app103 (January 26, 2013, 03:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Any relyable help or guide would be useful, app103, if it's pinned and locked.
-crabby3 (January 26, 2013, 03:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

@app103
I guess it shouldn't be locked until after it's been tried or tested by us dummies.  How else could you get feedback... right?   :huh:

I know, firsthand, how hard it is to outline all the steps... to do something... especially if I have done 'it' a million times.  Sometimes I leave out a step or have them in the wrong order or skip a key-word or some/all of these.   :-[   ... which makes the learning-process, for the person, even harder.  (In my case... more daunting.   :( )

And... once your guide has been perfected... maybe you could add it to the other pinned stuff in all the areas at DC; where people might need this How-To?   :)  ...just a suggestion

app103:
I am not even sure I would do it as a single forum post.

Perhaps it would work better as a locked thread, with the first post serving as a table of contents and each how-to as a separate post within the thread.

If I did it that way, it would have to be locked, to prevent misc. non-tutorial posts from cluttering the thread.

Another alternative would be a single stand alone page, linked to in the first post of a thread, and the thread remaining open for comments, suggestions, and questions.

crabby3:

Perhaps it would work better as a locked thread, with the first post serving as a table of contents and each how-to as a separate post within the thread.

If I did it that way, it would have to be locked, to prevent misc. non-tutorial posts from cluttering the thread.

Another alternative would be a single stand alone page, linked to in the first post of a thread, and the thread remaining open for comments, suggestions, and questions.
-app103 (January 27, 2013, 09:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

You know how to do this way better than me, app103, I'm still trying to comprehend what you just said.   ;D   My whole post was more of a suggestion... than a comment... to give you something to chew-on; before you started your Guide.

I'm pretty sure... whatever you provide... or however you handle it will be Okay.   :)

Paul Keith:

-app103 (January 27, 2013, 09:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Suggestion: auto-pm for new users with an archived copy in the personal area of someone's account.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version