ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ZOOM setting reminder ?

<< < (3/4) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Hi, Stoic Joker, I have IE9 but I can't seem to locate your suggested setting.   :-[   Is it in Internet Options/Advanced?   :huh:

Sometimes... Windows and I don't see eye-to-eye about how to word stuff... so I may be staring right at it. Is it listed as 'Enable view statusbar?-crabby3 (January 28, 2012, 05:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, kinda :)

In the IE9 menu it is: View->Toolbars->Statusbar

Note: I only brought up the older versions of IE earlier because IainB seemed to be pondering (aloud) how long the hotkeyed zoom feature had been available.

Stoic Joker:
By the way, I omitted to mention in my post that, in Firefox, pressing Ctrl+Shift+"+"keys together zooms the text only, whereas Ctrl+"+" keys zoom text and images.-IainB (January 28, 2012, 06:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

That could be quite handy for sites with many/large pictures for reading small fonted comments.

IainB:
That could be quite handy for sites with many/large pictures for reading small fonted comments.
-Stoic Joker (January 28, 2012, 10:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
It's certainly handy. I like it because I am generally likely to be more interested in the text than the pictures. If a web page is too "noisy" with pix or ads., then I usually resort to reading it via the FF add-on Firefox Reader.    :Thmbsup:

@crabby3: This could be useful info. if you spend much time in the IE9 browser - Internet Explorer 9 keyboard shortcuts
It includes the Zoom controls (i.e., Ctrl+Plus, etc.).

crabby3:
Hi, Stoic Joker, I have IE9 but I can't seem to locate your suggested setting.   :-[   Is it in Internet Options/Advanced?   :huh:

Sometimes... Windows and I don't see eye-to-eye about how to word stuff... so I may be staring right at it. Is it listed as 'Enable view statusbar?-crabby3 (January 28, 2012, 05:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, kinda :)

In the IE9 menu it is: View->Toolbars->Statusbar

Note: I only brought up the older versions of IE earlier because IainB seemed to be pondering (aloud) how long the hotkeyed zoom feature had been available.
-Stoic Joker (January 28, 2012, 10:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

I found it, Stoic Joker, although I think it was another way?   :)    I right clicked the top of the window and a context menu appeared; and there it was, Status bar, the 4th whatever bar down.   :)   I clicked it and Bam!, thanks Emeril , there it was in the bottom right-hand corner... just like you said it would be.   :D

The only reason I included the IE9... was to save you the time/trouble of having to scroll around looking for what version I had.   :)   I didn't mean anything by it.  :-[

crabby3:
-Stoic Joker (January 28, 2012, 10:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
It's certainly handy. I like it because I am generally likely to be more interested in the text than the pictures. If a web page is too "noisy" with pix or ads., then I usually resort to reading it via the FF add-on Firefox Reader.    :Thmbsup:

@crabby3: This could be useful info. if you spend much time in the IE9 browser - Internet Explorer 9 keyboard shortcuts
It includes the Zoom controls (i.e., Ctrl+Plus, etc.).

-IainB (January 28, 2012, 07:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the link, IainB, it now resides on my desktop.   :)   I thought I had found all of Windows' Help pages but I don't recall seeing this one.   :huh:   Thanks again!   :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version