ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ZOOM setting reminder ?

<< < (4/4)

johngalt:
Sorry to resurrect this, but if you go into IE 9's Settings --> Advanced tab --> Under the Accessibility section, you have 2 options:

* Reset test size to medium for new windows and tabs
* Reset zoom level for new windows and tabs
Enable both and you should be good, other than having to manually increase zoom level every time.  I suppose this would be most beneficial if you rarely increase the zoom level and least beneficial if you always increase the zoo level.

HTH

IainB:
...if you go into IE 9's Settings --> Advanced tab --> Under the Accessibility section, you have 2 options:

* Reset zoom level for new windows and tabsEnable both and you should be good, other than having to manually increase zoom level every time.  I suppose this would be most beneficial if you rarely increase the zoom level and least beneficial if you always increase the zoo level.
-johngalt (February 17, 2012, 12:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah! Thanks for the tip @johngalt! That was what had been nagging me in the back of my mind when I wrote:
(... I seem to recall having read somewhere that there might be a way to change this default behaviour.)
-IainB (January 27, 2012, 07:09 PM)
--- End quote ---
@crabby3 might be able to make use of that tip.

(I rarely use IE9 and am relatively ignorant about such tips.)

crabby3:
Sorry to resurrect this, but if you go into IE 9's Settings --> Advanced tab --> Under the Accessibility section, you have 2 options:

* Reset zoom level for new windows and tabs
Enable both and you should be good, other than having to manually increase zoom level every time.  I suppose this would be most beneficial if you rarely increase the zoom level and least beneficial if you always increase the zoo level.

HTH
-johngalt (February 17, 2012, 12:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

No need to be sorry for reviving a post, johngalt, no matter how old it is.  Future viewers may find your additional info more useful than the other replies.   :)   Besides... what's the point in starting a New Topic about an older one that's already here?   :huh:

Thanks for your new info... but I'm currently using IainB's solution.  Please see Reply #1... bullets 1 & 2.   :D

ppass:
Although your question was for IE, FF+NoSquint is an obvious choice.

You may also consider automatically removing a page's useless stuff like ads / banners and displaying the text in the font of your choice. Use www.readability.com for that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version