ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google Ends Privacy

<< < (11/16) > >>

Eóin:
Can you say: criticize your employer or the government and later face repercussions - and then wonder how they knew? Especially since you only did so in an email sent to your best friend?
-40hz (January 28, 2012, 03:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's slightly conspiracy-ish. But at the same time, anyone having potentially damaging conversations over someone else's network pretty much deserves to be caught IMHO.

worstje:
It is so amusing how people are mad about Google's continued reluctancy to stop their data misuse but don't see a reason to just stop using Google services. Oh well... people are stupid.

(Written without Google.)
-Tuxman (January 27, 2012, 04:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

^ That is why I have decided to move all correspondence I truly care about away from Google since the new year. Gmail will only get what it already has, and stuff will be moved away from it too. Nice as it is, it simply isn't worth the price of having my life become someone elses commodity.

If you don't want 1984 to happen, you need to take your own measures. The Holocaust is what happened when people noted their religion and/or race down on paper; I truly dread what will happen when we get another Hitler in the digital age. And get one, we will. The question is simply when, where, and how well prepared we are to deal with it. :(

40hz:
Can you say: criticize your employer or the government and later face repercussions - and then wonder how they knew? Especially since you only did so in an email sent to your best friend?
--- End quote ---

That's slightly conspiracy-ish. But at the same time, anyone having potentially damaging conversations over someone else's network pretty much deserves to be caught IMHO.
-Eóin (January 28, 2012, 11:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah yes. Once again the "blame the victim" mindset reveals itself. And not for the first time.  

Ok  i guess if somebody is so stupid as to speak their mind in private, they obviously "deserve" whatever happens by way of payback. Any rational and even slightly moral adult couldn't help but reach any other judgement. :-\

Very sad.  No wonder we have the world we do.

And BTW: Hardly conspiracy-ish. My company and I stopped dealing with private investigators some years back after watching how they operate. And what they're being hired to dig up. And by whom.

And I'm going to have to stop here. Because I'm too disgusted for further words right now.

Renegade:
--- End quote ---

-Eóin (January 28, 2012, 11:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah yes. Once again the "blame the victim" mindset reveals itself. And not for the first time. 

Ok  i guess if somebody is so stupid as to speak their mind in private, they obviously "deserve" whatever happens by way of payback. Any rational and even slightly moral adult couldn't help but reach any other judgement. :-\

Very sad.  No wonder we have the world we do.

And BTW: Hardly conspiracy-ish. My company and I stopped dealing with private investigators some years back after watching how they operate. And what they're being hired to dig up. And by whom.

And I'm going to have to stop here. Because I'm too disgusted for further words right now.

-40hz (January 28, 2012, 11:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

+1

I would encourage people to actually look into this a bit more. Find out what is actually going on out there. Find out what people like Kissinger and other world-power-brokers have said about these things.

Here's the short version ---

Yes. There is a conspiracy.
No. It is not a theory.
Yes. It is well documented in countless places.
No. It is not well reported on in mainstream media.
Yes. It is in both government documents and other sources.

Quite simply... The road to tyranny is paved one brick at a time.

Here's something fun you can post anywhere:

Google Ends Privacy

And one for Facebook:

Google Ends Privacy

Now please. I would encourage everyone everywhere to go out and commit thought crimes! ;D

(And yes -- there are thought crime laws on the books... look it up.)

tranglos:
anyone having potentially damaging conversations over someone else's network pretty much deserves to be caught IMHO.-Eóin (January 28, 2012, 11:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Foresight is a good thing, yes. But *every* network is someone else's network. Just like every land-line is someone else's, yet we expect privacy of our (analog) phone conversations. Or used to, anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version