ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

SOPA Shelved - ACTA is Worse

<< < (2/7) > >>

kyrathaba:
You just can't make this stuff up. It's like a dystopian horror novel/movie. But worse.
--- End quote ---

+1.

tranglos:
Unfortunately, if you want to do something about cockroaches, then your only option seems to be to exterminate them.
-IainB (January 25, 2012, 04:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Iain, I don't understand. First you have the big business, which does what you say it does. (That's what you get when profit is the sole purpose. When a person acts for profit before everything else, we call that person a sociopath or worse. But when a group of people band together as a corporation and do the same, we call them the most productive members of the society and bestow all kinds of accolades on them, and indeed let them effectively run our countries - yours and mine both. End digression.)

And then you have a small party, whose ideology is to stop them from doing all that. Yet they are both cockroaches to you, how?

Or how you could say entities like the Communist Party are more "successful" than the big business - that's equally puzzling. How do you measure success to arrive at this outcome?

(Or maybe I'm just swallowing the bait.)

40hz:

-tranglos (January 25, 2012, 07:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm...you think maybe? ;D

tranglos:
-tranglos (January 25, 2012, 07:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
Hmm...you think maybe? ;D-40hz (January 25, 2012, 09:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I know. False equivalences like these are a hot button thing for me, can't help it! It's like a bunch of thugs try to mug you at night, you fight back, and in newspapers all of you were "committing acts of aggression". Standard journalistic fare. I have a huge allergic reaction to that, and it shows :)

Renegade:
I don't really have a problem with theoretical communism (Marxism). I actually think that it is a better system.

However, I don't think that it's a better system for humans... We're simply not compatible with it. We're greedy, envious, vicious things and we pervert it to twisted ends as has been shown several times in several places.

Communism requires a few characteristics that are not present in the human population in sufficient quantity.

Oh... I forgot... Through decades of neglect and indifference, we've also managed to turn democracy into a farce as well. Meh. Guess we're not ready for that & need a fascist totalitarian dictator to enslave us for a few centuries until we finally smarten up... :P Taking away free speech is a good step in that direction~! :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version