ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Waterfox has now been accepted as a Mozilla project

<< < (9/19) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
I just downloaded Pale Moon again, figuring by now whatever glitch was bothering me last year has been patched. Lo, it does seem to be a couple of seconds faster. Go switching!

tomos:
cyberdiva - thanks. The thing is my access via Chrome or IE is fast, it seems only Waterfox is having difficulty. I thought I also tried Firefox but now when I try to launch Firefox Waterfox takes over and I don't seem to be able to run Firefox alongside it. But otherwise my internet access is fine.

I really wonder if I messed something up by running CCleaner and not shutting Waterfox down. CCleaner usually forces browsers to be closed down to clear the cache, so I'm even surprised it was able to run with Waterfox open.
-dr_andus (January 17, 2013, 12:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

try a system restore?

cyberdiva:
cyberdiva - thanks. The thing is my access via Chrome or IE is fast, it seems only Waterfox is having difficulty. I thought I also tried Firefox but now when I try to launch Firefox Waterfox takes over and I don't seem to be able to run Firefox alongside it. But otherwise my internet access is fine.-dr_andus (January 17, 2013, 12:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
This seems further evidence that the problem isn't with Firefox or Waterfox in general but rather something that happened to them on your computer.  I was about to suggest trying a system restore, but I see tomos has beaten me to it.

dr_andus:
Thanks for the suggestions. In the end I didn't go for the system restore because my most recent restore point was after a critical Windows update and it said my Firefox would need to be reinstalled if I went ahead.

So instead I uninstalled Waterfox first to see what would happen. The problem continued in Firefox (I think I had the latest version). Plus it kept telling me to install a bunch of java updates in a loop, without installing them. So I uninstalled Firefox and installed Pale Moon instead. All working fine now.

P.S. And I even got the little plus sign for "Open a new tab" back, which I lost somehow over time from both Firefox and Waterfox.

Curt:
Waterfox is 16.01 and FF is 16.02 -MilesAhead (October 30, 2012, 05:57 PM)
--- End quote ---
Waterfox is still 16.01, but Firefox is now 18. Should I worry for the future of Waterfox? :tellme: -Curt (January 17, 2013, 09:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

Waterfox has been stuck at version 18.01 for very long, and the number of "issues" has been growing and growing. Yesterday facebook made it freeze again and again ("program not answering"), so now I am running the normal Firefox, and facebook is again acting normal. Good-bye, Waterfox, may you be updated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version