ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Waterfox has now been accepted as a Mozilla project

<< < (7/19) > >>

40hz:
Yeah, the first time I tried it, I don't think it even ran.  The last time, it ran, but with a few caveats.  I'm chewing turkey at the in-laws for the nonce, so can't say what at the moment, though my foggy memory recalls it something to do with 32-bit, and I see they have a 64 bit build available now. 

-Edvard (November 22, 2012, 12:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Well, I'm home with just the immediate family this year. And turkey won't be done for at least another hour...so I might as well post this while I have a few minutes.

Loaded and ran the 64-bit version of Swiftfox 3.6.13 under Linux. It is noticeably faster for some things. And it generally works fine - as long as I don't want to use some of my most used add-ons any more. Also locked up on a Google search a few times without warning and I had to "kill -9" it to force it to let go.

Oh well. Think I'm gonna stick to vanilla FF for the time being.

Onward! :Thmbsup:

Edvard:
Onward it is!! (though I do recommend Nightly)  :Thmbsup:

dr_andus:
Today both my Firefox and Waterfox failed to connect to Google services ("Trying to reach Google.com..."), making them unusable for my main tasks with Gmail, Google Drive, Google Calendar (and even some sites that used Google Analytics). This happened after I used CCleaner and forgot to close Waterfox during the process (not sure if that's related).

However everything worked fine in IE9 and Chrome. Which made me think, is this a ploy by Google to make people switch to Chrome? Or am I just being paranoid and messed something up with Waterfox/Firefox? (I'm on Win7, 64-bit).

For a page in Waterfox that has a Google Doc embedded in it, I get the message:

The page at https://docs.google.com says:
A server error occurred. Please press ’Reload' in your browser.
--- End quote ---

Again, it works fine in IE9 and Chrome.

40hz:
@dr_andus - FWIW my copy of Firefox 18.0 running under Linux connected to the GDocs page you referenced just fine. I was able to login to my account without incident.

Check your internet connection settings. You may be having a proxy issue with https.

Might also have something to do with a temporary problem accessing from the UK? I'm in the USA.

Luck! :Thmbsup:

dr_andus:
Thanks. You might be right that it's temporary but it's been happening all day, so I've been forced to switch to and set up Chrome, to be able to carry on working... Oh, well...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version