ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

what kind of keyboard you use?

<< < (12/14) > >>

masu:
Currently I used the Microsoft Wired 500
it has replaced my old Benq 122 X-Touch

I am amazed from the new Microsoft keyboard  :Thmbsup:

bigger image: http://www.s2.com.br/s2arquivos/361/Imagens/2460Image.jpg

[edited by mouser to use small thumbnail - original pic is HUMONGOUS]

nudone:
want the coolest (or most foolish) keyboard on the planet?

have a look at this http://www.daskeyboard.com/

i'd buy it if all i did was type but i need to see where the keys are for shortcuts in certain apps.

the hardware spec sounds nice.

any takers?

mouser:
that's very cool looking.

I was just about to express skepticism about this claim:
Blank Keys to Type up to 100% Faster
Like on a piano, since there are no keys to look at when typing, your brain will quickly adapt and memorize the key positions. Within a few short weeks users increase their typing accuracy and find themselves typing up to 100% faster.
--- End quote ---

I first read it as saying that the lack of printing would help you type faster since your brain wouldnt be distracted by the printing on keys, and i was going to point out that that contradicts most of what we know about the brain.

but on second reading i think they are saying that the lack of lettering will force you to become a touch typer, which will in the long run lead to faster typing, which seems reasonable enough.  pretty interesting idea actually.

jgpaiva:
There's yet another advantage for that keyboard: Its great for people who:

* use many languages in the keyboards, because like that you don't have the other language's characters in the way to making distracting you from what you want to write.
* like to redefine theys keyboard keys to other stuff, allowing them to put themselves the labels in the keyboard.
Still, this surelly isn't the keyboard for me. I like to have the letters there, even if i know where they are.

masu:
yesterday I have experienced with a Cherry Cymotion Expert keyboard.
The keystroke is really silent, much more silent than on my MS Wired 500 keyboard.  :-*
I think I will do another update to this keyboard, if I have money.  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version