ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Icon not displayed in standard warning popup window (Win7x64)

(1/3) > >>

MerleOne:
Hi,
I am having this issue with a recent Win7x64 machine : I have created on the Desktop a folder that contains shortcuts of installed applications, instead of having them all around the desktop.  When I installed CCleaner for the first time, I moved its launch icon to this folder by drag and drop.  

When I install a new version, the launch icon being re-created. The actual issue occurs when I move this recreated icon into the folder : Windows warns me that CCleaner.lnk already exists there and asks me if I want to overwrite it, keep the old version or keep both. *BUT* the ccleaner icon is missing from this popup warning window.  And this occurs also for all  other links in a similar situation, when the link already exists in the folder, it's not CCleaner specific.

I have tried many times to re-generate the icon user database, to no avail.  Here it is how it works on a normal system :

Here the CCleaner icons are perfectly displayed (XP here).  Not on my Win7 system.  I tried to look on Microsoft online help, but with little results.

Thanks for any hint on how to solve this !

Ath:
Replayed that scenario, my reasonably normal Windows 7 x64 displays this:

Innuendo:
Oh, this is exciting....I just tried it as well. My first attempt was to just copy a shortcut on my desktop twice into a randomly created folder. My result was the *opposite* of Ath's screenshot above (the icon was present next to Copy and Replace with no icon next to Don't Copy).

My second attempt was copying a shortcut from the Start Menu into that folder twice. The result of that experiment was that there wasn't an icon next to either Copy and Replace *or* Don't Copy! Three cheers for consistency, eh?  ;D

And now there's one more reason on my list why I don't and won't use Windows Explorer for file management.

J-Mac:
And I tried it and got no icons in that same dialog:

[attachthumb=#1][/attachthumb]

Jim

MerleOne:
Thanks for trying on your system.  This is exactly what I get.  Sometimes, it does work though, usually just after a fresh boot and I get both icons to be displayed.  

Afterwards, when I open the folder and drag & drop an existing icon into the open folder, I get the 2nd icon ok most of the time

I have an AMD Radeon HD 6950 as graphics card.  Is yours also an ATI by chance ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version