ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Recommend less known macro apps and text expanders

<< < (9/9)

Ennovy:
A few month ago I discovered FastKeys. It is written in AutoHotkey.
Like it very much  :)

All-in-One Windows Automation Software
Start menu, Text Expander, Gestures and user commands to run files, open webpages, send macros or automate anything. Incredibly powerful but yet simple to use.
--- End quote ---

Homepage

* TOUCH START MENU
* TEXT EXPANDER
* SHORTCUTS
* MOUSE GESTURES
* AUTO COMPLETE
* FULLY CONFIGURABLE

It's shareware, but only $ 10

rjbull:
Comfort Keys will definitely work as a text completer and a text expander. -Innuendo (June 26, 2014, 08:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
Completer, easy; Enable Word Autocomplete from the right-click menu.  Thank you for drawing my attention to its expander feature, which comes via its Template Manager.  There's more in that than I thought, but I'd prefer expansion to work in the same way as Typing Assistant, Breevy and others do, i.e., expansion is or can be triggered by space or punctuation mark rather than having to always use a special key to pop up a menu, then find your short form.  Breevy gives you three options for Replace typed abbreviation: (1) Immediately, (2) After the trigger key is pressed (like Comfort Keys), and (3) After a word-ending character is typed, with configuration options for what is considered a word-ending character.

the options for this program need a real overhaul. Options that should be grouped together aren't.-Innuendo (June 26, 2014, 08:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
Agreed.  Perhaps that's because of it being an omnibus edition of Comfort Keys, On-Screen Keyboard, Clipboard and Comfort Typing, though I'd have expected text completion and expansion to be grouped together in Comfort Typing anyway.

rjbull:
A few month ago I discovered FastKeys. It is written in AutoHotkey.-Ennovy (June 27, 2014, 01:35 AM)
--- End quote ---
So are jgpaiva's abbreviations importer and Texter, mentioned previously.  AHK seems good for text expansion; I used it myself for a while.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version