ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Recommend less known macro apps and text expanders

<< < (6/9) > >>

cranioscopical:
I think there is a hotstring software from a member here, where you tick a box to enable regex support, but cant remember which exactly...
-kalos (January 29, 2012, 02:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
Auspex? See here.

kalos:
I think there is a hotstring software from a member here, where you tick a box to enable regex support, but cant remember which exactly...
-kalos (January 29, 2012, 02:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
Auspex? See here.
-cranioscopical (February 15, 2012, 03:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

this must be it! thanks!

peter.s:
"SUGGESTION: The last post on this page is over 360 days old. It's sometimes better to start a new topic than to revive an old one." Yes, and in some cases it's the other way round! ;-)

No, there have been lotsa special offers for PhraseExpander (not PhraseExpress) around these last months, and Prof. version 4 will be on bits very soon.

A fellow poster of this forum touts Expander with brio, and I understand that whenever you don't want to use AHK for text expansion, both programs mentioned are very strong contenders.

I just wanted to remind you that Expander 3 did not have different vocabularies for different purposes (contexts/subjects/matters, languages), all the less so them being freely combinable, whilst Express is deemed to come with these features (i.e. even with the combination possibility), and has had those for a quite long time now.

I don't know if Expander 4 finally got it, too, to perhaps our Expander expert here could enlighten prospects about it?

Without that feature, it would simply not be worth the money, not even on bits... and vice versa: If it got it, and if you really abhorr AHK, 60$ could come as a handy offering.

( So you see, if I had started a new thread, with so little knowledge about my subject, that would have been preposterous! ;-) )

nagarsoft:
Hello Peter,

Thanks for mentioning our product. And yes, PhraseExpander will be on sale on Bits du Jour very soon.

Regarding your question, I'm not sure if I got it properly. Do you need to enable/disable abbreviations in specific context or applications? You can define a black list of applications where you want PhraseExpander to ignore what you are typing but if you want to set different sets of phrase to be available in different applications we currently don't support that.

As we offer SmartComplete that suggests words and phrases (and requires a confirmation) to expand a phrase, this should not be a big issue (as abbreviations are not triggered automatically).

Our application main focus is in making it easier to create customizable fill-in-the-blanks templates.

Just let me know if you have more questions and I'll be happy to answer.

Jibz:
Doesn't look like Text Accelerator was mentioned. I haven't tried it, but it appears to be written by the guy who makes True Launch Bar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version