ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

As a counter-point to the SOPA/PIPA demonstration

<< < (4/21) > >>

Renegade:
This is one of the few sites with NSFW hiding buttons. I like that. Are users (Not mods) putting those on their posts and how do you do it?

Y'all are right that there's the Bluenose theme quietly silencing the far edges of the responses we'd really rather make. It's a really bounded version of the school bully trick "I'll bully you because I know the teachers won't care / be around every time, then when you lose your cool it will be when they conveniently are."

And re: your metaphor - there's lots of them to help with the ...
-TaoPhoenix (January 20, 2012, 03:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

In the editor, look at the top for the "SP" button. That's the "spoiler" button.

To get text on it, simply edit the opening tag with an equals sign (=) and your text:

--- Code: Text ---[spoiler=Your text here]
I sometime post things that aren't really very appropriate, and that very often happens after I've finished the first half of a bottle of vodka or something... :P ;D

So, I try to remember to put some of those in spoilers with a warning as I know some people don't appreciate them. I think most people know that if I put something in a spoiler, then it's highly likely to be offensive to someone. My aim isn't to offend. I do hope that some people know that.  :-[

And +1 for having spoiler tags - they're great~! :D

What kind of unbelievable pace is this going at?! Damn I wish InternetSpeed was left for Kittens.
-TaoPhoenix (January 20, 2012, 03:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah - definitely! This stuff is in high gear. NDAA. SOPA. PIPA. Cripes... it's not like enough evil legislation hasn't been passed already...

I think 2012 will be a turning point. We're either going to escape from all of this stuff, or we slide into eternal darkness. 1 of the 2.

TaoPhoenix:
What if a message is really dangerous?  The following message could destroy the entire US! SpoilerUnder a rock in New York seventy eight feet from where Mrs. Whipple sits is a pirated copy of One Missed Call.

Heh I tried to make nested spoilers but it didn't work. Also I don't think you need an = key. It was erroneously showing up for me and went away when I took it out.

TaoPhoenix:

I think 2012 will be a turning point. We're either going to escape from all of this stuff, or we slide into eternal darkness. 1 of the 2.
-Renegade (January 20, 2012, 03:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

SOPA Cody is upset!

Renegade:
Back on topic... :)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/78786408/Mega-Indictment

That's the indictment against "the Mega Conspiracy".

Have a read through some of it. You will undoubtedly find things that you know are false for one reason or another, e.g. the site didn't operate that way, etc. etc.

But, details be damned, because these guys certainly are.

Does anyone actually think that they'll get a fair trial? I certainly don't.

Fun facts:

* * 4% of all Internet traffic was with Megadownload

* * 25% of corporate traffic is was with Megadownload

* * 100% of these guys are going to hang :P

Have a read through the mainstream media... They've already tarred & feathered MegaDownload. Want to see uber-biased and slanted reporting? Right off the bat they're going for the populist garbage attacks.

tranglos:
Back on topic... :)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/78786408/Mega-Indictment

That's the indictment against "the Mega Conspiracy".
-Renegade (January 20, 2012, 05:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Interesting read,thanks! "Mega Conspiracy" is almost as good as the Axis of Evil.

They did have the "uploader rewards" program. That may well be one of the nails in their coffin (or prison gate).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version