ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best Registry Cleaner?

<< < (4/5) > >>

Darwin:
OK, you got through the fog with that one Carol! Sorry to have been so dim, I clearly missed your point the first couple of times around (couldn't see the trees for the forest, or was it the forest for the trees?). BTW how close are you to Kirkbymoorside/Pickering?

ResponseBTW how close are you to Kirkbymoorside/Pickering?
--- End quote ---
Replied by Personal Message

tinyvillager:

Just to chime in,i too (i use total uninstall) have suffered what is explained in this alphabet scenerio.
I would uninstall The Bat! to do a clean install and for some reason Google earth and Nero would go
out the window with it.I really can't fault Total Uninstall,cause that's the nature of it's existence,but
it can be fustrating none the less.BTW there is a new version of Total Uninstall that was released yesterday
or so.

epopuI:
Great post Darwin - very well written.

I use EasyCleaner and RegSupreme Pro (watered down Jv16) - each finds different entries to remove.  What I find interesting is that many of those entries re-appear each week - and I don't mean MRUs.  I still am not sure how they get added as the programs are no long on the HD unless they're hidden somewhere else. Some of the demo reg cleaner actually seem to inflate the number of errors by adding every conceivable line so one gets xthousand instead of x100s. The registry was an ill conceived plan by MS so that registration could be hidden within.  Plus a lot of other unnecessary garbage. Why some authors like to make upteen registry entries all over the hive instead of making one entry at top level and others below that one I don't understand either.  But then again after using a PC since DOS 2.2 nothing suprises me any more.

zridling:
I have to agree with moerl, in that the most accurate registry app I've found has been EasyCleaner. It is also the least dangerous to use, it seems.

skywalka:
Analysing the system before & after an install is the wrong way to go.  Total Uninstall would take 10 mins to analyse my system before & after a new installation.  A program that can analyse the actual installation file would be far more efficient.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version