ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

DC going offline to protest SOPA on Jan 18

<< < (2/16) > >>

Renegade:
Solidarity~! :)

Deozaan:
Can someone explain the logic to me? :huh:

In opposition of legislation that could force the shutdown of parts the internet, we're going to voluntarily shutdown parts of the internet? :huh: :tellme:

I don't like SOPA/PIPA and I'm opposed to them, for sure. But I just don't understand how voluntarily submitting to what you're opposing is really any useful sign of opposition. :-\

That would be like opposing a war by signing up to join the military. Or showing your disapproval of McDonald's by having everybody buy a Big Mac with fries and a shake. It just doesn't make sense to me.

KynloStephen66515:
Can someone explain the logic to me? :huh:

In opposition of legislation that could force the shutdown of parts the internet, we're going to voluntarily shutdown parts of the internet? :huh: :tellme:

I don't like SOPA/PIPA and I'm opposed to them, for sure. But I just don't understand how voluntarily submitting to what you're opposing is really any useful sign of opposition. :-\

-Deozaan (January 17, 2012, 08:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

The point is, to show the effect it will have...It's a last resort.

That would be like opposing a war by signing up to join the military. Or showing your disapproval of McDonald's by having everybody buy a Big Mac with fries and a shake. It just doesn't make sense to me.
--- End quote ---

If you did one or the other as a means to an act of defiance (Selling military secrets/Throwing the Big Macs at the store)... :P

Deozaan:
Well I'm against DC shutting down to protest SOPA/PIPA. >:( It doesn't make sense to me and I don't see how it helps the cause.

In protest of this, I won't be visiting DC on Jan 18! 8)

rgdot:
Well I'm against DC shutting down to protest SOPA/PIPA. >:( It doesn't make sense to me and I don't see how it helps the cause.

In protest of this, I won't be visiting DC on Jan 18! 8)
-Deozaan (January 17, 2012, 08:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

mouser will open that backup place for when main DC is down  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version