ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

DC going offline to protest SOPA on Jan 18

<< < (13/16) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
As for the Mandatory to carry weapons, there was a Star Trek Original Series episode about that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Piece_of_the_Action_%28Star_Trek:_The_Original_Series%29

wraith808:
There are actually municipalities in the US that require gun ownership now.  I don't think there have been studies as to what effect that has had on crime, though.

Stoic Joker:
There are actually municipalities in the US that require gun ownership now.  I don't think there have been studies as to what effect that has had on crime, though.-wraith808 (January 22, 2012, 01:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

I remember hearing about that back when a few of them were just starting. IIRC early results were good ... But that doesn't guarantee a positive long term. I think a lot of might depend on people focusing on getting along (like proper adults)...instead of trying to represent (like some street punk).

40hz:
There are actually municipalities in the US that require gun ownership now.  I don't think there have been studies as to what effect that has had on crime, though.
-wraith808 (January 22, 2012, 01:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not that it matters. It's just another example of local politics and grandstanding. Those laws have been routinely deemed unenforceable and thrown out by every court they've ever gone before.

I take comfort in that.

I don't particularly like being bossed around. Especially by idiots in public office. 8)

wraith808:
I don't particularly like being bossed around. Especially by idiots in public office.
-40hz (January 22, 2012, 01:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

And we go full circle.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version