ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Official Announcements

DC going offline to protest SOPA on Jan 18

<< < (11/16) > >>

Stoic Joker:
In the case of many of the big-name "blackouts" from sites like Wikipedia, Google, or Reddit, I was not impressed with the follow-through used. Google turned their logo black. Wikipedia's blackout was only for the English site and easily overridden with (or due to lack of) javascript. Reddit only did it for half of the day.

IMO those are examples of half-hearted protests. If you're going to protest something you should first come up with an effective form of protest and then commit to follow through with the protest.
-Deozaan (January 20, 2012, 11:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

This I understand, as I too was looking for a bit more - all in - carnage.

Renegade:

Says it all really - and in calm rational terms
-Carol Haynes (January 19, 2012, 09:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've downloaded that into a few browsers a few times... (Flash crashes or some crap.) 3rd or 4th time is the charm I guess. :)

So, finally saw it.

AWESOME!

He nails so much down there. Brilliant.

(I still think that it's a Trojan horse as well though -- it's worded way too vaguely.)

Renegade:
In the case of many of the big-name "blackouts" from sites like Wikipedia, Google, or Reddit, I was not impressed with the follow-through used. Google turned their logo black. Wikipedia's blackout was only for the English site and easily overridden with (or due to lack of) javascript. Reddit only did it for half of the day.

IMO those are examples of half-hearted protests. If you're going to protest something you should first come up with an effective form of protest and then commit to follow through with the protest.
-Deozaan (January 20, 2012, 11:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

This I understand, as I too was looking for a bit more - all in - carnage.
-Stoic Joker (January 20, 2012, 12:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Carnage? That's what Anonymous is for~! ;D

But no... you're right. I was hoping for a bit more. Google just petered out. Their effort was just f*****g lame.

NSFW Google's excuse...But what can you do when you've got investor cocks rammed down your throat? Kind of hard to "fuck profit" for the greater good/sanity when you're busy gobbling...

TaoPhoenix:

I seem to remember there being "four boxes" without even the coffin ... Got it - y'all forgot Jury Box.

The four boxes of liberty is a meme that proposes: "There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order." It is often quoted by conservative groups that oppose gun control."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_boxes_of_liberty

wraith808:
Hmmm... shouldn't it be ammo, then jury?  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version