ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows Tweak Tool?

<< < (2/3) > >>

f0dder:
When writing long forum posts, they go to notepad and get a ctrl+s. I almost always start out in the quick reply, sometimes move (ctrl-a, ctrl-c, ctrl-v) to the "normal" reply (if I need to attach files etc), sometimes to notepad. I've had a browser crash/stall on me too many times with long posts.

I haven't used and tweak utilities for a while; there's only a few that I find interesting, and those are applied at system install time with the help of www.nLiteos.com and some custom scripts I've written in http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/ :)

brotherS:
When writing long forum posts, they go to notepad and get a ctrl+s. I almost always start out in the quick reply, sometimes move (ctrl-a, ctrl-c, ctrl-v) to the "normal" reply (if I need to attach files etc), sometimes to notepad. I've had a browser crash/stall on me too many times with long posts.
-f0dder (April 17, 2006, 03:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm looking forward to see the first forum software applying something like Google Mail's auto-save feature! For those who aren't using Google Mail: it automatically saves a draft of what you have typed every two minutes or when you click the save button. Just a small step for forum soft, but a giant leap for users who don't save/copy long texts often enough!

:D

kimmchii:

I'm looking forward to see the first forum software applying something like Google Mail's auto-save feature! For those who aren't using Google Mail: it automatically saves a draft of what you have typed every two minutes or when you click the save button. Just a small step for forum soft, but a giant leap for users who don't save/copy long texts often enough!

-brotherS (April 17, 2006, 04:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

FF has Save Text Area extension:
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon.php?id=1046

i havent tried it, probably it can autosave everything. :)

brotherS:

-brotherS (April 17, 2006, 04:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

FF has Save Text Area extension:
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon.php?id=1046

i havent tried it, probably it can autosave everything. :)
-kimmchii (April 17, 2006, 05:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
But the description sounds like you need to save it once manually before autosave could kick in - so it's just 50% of the solution I had in mind :)

zridling:
...TuneUp Utilities 2006 as well. Most of you must have heard of it before. While it's great for what it does, it's pretty obvious its target user audience are clueless computer users who find themselves right at home with the pretty colors and nice icons and the easy interface. It's Windows tweaking--the Fisherprice way.-moerl (March 28, 2006, 12:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

Tia, you totally dissed TuneUp Utilities!
  — Of course it's pretty.
  — Of course you have to click-thru too many screens.
  — Of course it's overpriced.
  — Of course some of its features are miscategorized.
But it works, and that's what I care about. TuneUp's Registry cleaner is also one of the safest around. TuneUp also lets you control Explorer in ways few other tweaking tool allow. The best asset of TuneUp Utilities is that it's easy to find things. Unlike X-Setup Pro, which is mainly a telephone book-list of tweaks, I can navigate to something quickly. I won't say Tuneup is the best. Never. Check out XP Smoker Pro. I think you might like its raw power.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version