ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Simple Sensatronics Tray Tool...

<< < (2/5) > >>

kyrathaba:
Nice work, Skwire!

skwire:
Thanks.  This was a neat one to code.

LEDAdd1ct:
Here are some suggestions humbly submitted for possible future incorporation:

-dump the current temperature with decimal point and degree symbol to simple text file at a specified interval, and overwrite at same interval.  There are programs out there which will work with a simple text file.  So if the temp is 54.3°, and you tell it to write the file in the program's current directory once a minute, then once a minute it writes a text file called "temp.txt" whose sole contents are "54.3°" and nothing else. 

The temperature rises to 55.2°.  After one minute elapses, it overwrites the temp.txt file so that its sole contents are "55.2°" and nothing else. 

-a simple log file with date, time, and current temp.  Each new reading gets inserted on a new line in the text file at an interval of your choosing, say, every 30 minutes:

1/22/12   12:10 P.M.  54.3°
1/22/12   12:40 P.M.  55.2°
1/22/12   1:10  P.M.   57.1°

-resizable, separate window with temperature, including decimal point and degree symbol.  You can choose white text on black background or black text on white background.  Whenever the program polls the temperature server, it updates the window.  When you drag the bottom right corner of the window, it dynamically adjusts the font to be larger or smaller, filling the window.   

I have no idea how hard it is to dump data to a text file or make a window.

LEDAdd1ct:
Here's one I thought up while vacuuming (anyone know any good tricks for the spelling on that one?)

-for the trend indicator, it sometimes fluctuates between two values, which may falsely give the impression that the temperature is rising or falling.  Perhaps there could be a check box, and when you check it, it performs a checking function like this:

1)  Look at current value (z)
2)  Look at previous value (y)
3)  Look at previous value (x)

Only show trend indicator rising if:

z > y > x

and,

Only show trend indicator falling if:

z < y < x

else show steady arrow

An example with numbers:

1)  Current value is 52.4°
2)  Previous value was 52.2°
3)  Previous value was 52.2°

Program will show steady arrow

2)  Previous value was 52.2°
3)  Previous value was 52.0°

Program will show rising arrow

2)  Previous value was 52.8°
3)  Previous value was 52.8°

Program will show steady arrow

2)  Previous value was 52.8°
3)  Previous value was 60.1°

Program will show falling arrow

skwire:
1)  Look at current value (z)
2)  Look at previous value (y)
3)  Look at previous value (x)-LEDAdd1ct (January 22, 2012, 01:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think we ought to make this default behaviour.  No need for a checkbox.  I'll just put a note in the help tab that the trend indicator will be more accurate after three polls.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version