ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Who's up for a DonationCoder talk show?

<< < (9/11) > >>

superboyac:
Any thoughts on a first recording date?
-Stephen66515 (February 22, 2012, 04:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
No sorry.   :-[
I still have a lot of setting up to do.

KynloStephen66515:
No probs!

Will be here when your ready xD

nosh:
BUMP! I want to see this happen!  :D

fenixproductions:
-nosh (July 15, 2012, 04:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
And I want to hear it happen :)

Renegade:
-nosh (July 15, 2012, 04:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

And:

I could help with most of these issues (Done a whole lot of Internet radio in my time ^_^) - You're more than welcome to PM me for any help or if you have any questions!
-Stephen66515 (February 16, 2012, 11:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

@Stephen - Be sure you let them know how much work it is to produce a talk show on a regular basis. It's a lot harder than it looks - and technology is the least of the headaches involved.

I've worked with at least six people who wanted to do a talk show/podcast. None of them made it past eight shows - with the average number being more around three.

Anybody who is interested in doing a podcast should try doing a regular 'non-stream of consciousness' blog or newsletter first to get some idea of what they're in for.

It's dangerous to generalize, but I think it's a safe bet to say if you don't have what it takes to keep a regularly scheduled blog or newsletter going, you're certainly not going to be able to muster the 'grunt' needed to do a podcast/show that will still be around 6 months later.

Just my 2¢

-40hz (February 16, 2012, 11:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1 and another 2¢

Just to get an idea for how hard it is to pull off well, do one 5 minute show. Just a test. Just get the recording done for 2 people. Not 3. Just 2 people. Put it together. Listen to it. See what the quality it like. See how many "ums" and "ahs" there are, and then go back and clean up things. It is far more time consuming than most people think. Well, that is if you want to maintain a very high degree of quality. If you simply record and publish, it's much faster. However, you then have workflow issues that affect quality and may lead you back into doing post-production...

I took down The Dot Net Preacher Show (had 9 shows up and 3 shows backlogged that never made it up), but Andrew still has The Doc Report up:

http://thedocreport.com/

It only has 2 shows though. Still, the methodology used and the quality are the same for the DNP show.

Recording was done individually on each person's computer. Everyone then uploaded their audio files. I took them, normalized them, sync'd them, edited them for pauses, profanity, ums, ahs, extraneous content, etc. etc., and then added in the sound effects, intro, outro, etc. etc. Andrew then took my final file and edited that for content, snipping out parts, etc. etc.

It's not hard to spend 4~8 hours on 1 show just for post production.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version