ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Ecaradec's Software

Qatapult

<< < (66/67) > >>

ecaradec:
I'm considering changing the way Qatapult handle the display of text items. TEXT items currently draw a text when you call drawItem. I think that this wasn't a very good decision as the current behavior force all skins to consider TEXT as rendering in the icon space.

The change would make drawItem draw a standard icon for TEXT objects, then skins would be free to either render the icon OR to draw only the text of the object at the place, font, margin and text aligment they prefer.

What do you think ?

ewemoa:
I'm trying to add multiple object selection. It partially works, but I still need to add some extra changes. This is a bit long, because it involves changing the structure of Qatapult a bit, but this is just normal code clean up. It has to happens sometimes.
-ecaradec (May 02, 2012, 02:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sounds promising!  Thanks for keeping us informed  :Thmbsup:

ecaradec:
Ewemoa may be you could answer this too : I've an issue with the 'current selection' proxy. I don't know if it should be considered one object or several. If I handle it as a single object that would mean that it's whole selection can be canceled with one 'esc', if I handle it as multiple objects a large selection could be very painful to cancel.

Do you know how QS handle this ?

ewemoa:
Although I remember being able to work with multiple objects via the comma trick, I don't remember whether multiple objects could be handled via a current selection proxy.  I guess it's possible that they weren't handled.

Would it help at all if there were a default number of objects to handle and allow this to be configured by the user?

ewemoa:
Did some light testing in kupfer.  It appears that in kupfer, there is a notion of currently selected files.

Rereading your post, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'esc' canceling the selection.  Do you mean that pressing 'esc' cancels the selection outside of Qatapult in for example Windows Explorer?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version