ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Ecaradec's Software

Qatapult

<< < (55/67) > >>

ewemoa:
It's possible to specify a bonus field to your results to boost it's score : addObject(type, {bonus:100}); A negative bonus would also works but I'm not sure if that's a good or bad idea.
-ecaradec (March 25, 2012, 07:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for this tip!  It seems to work well here :)

As far as negative bonuses go -- IIUC a similar thing may be done in FARR with useful results.

ewemoa:
messagebox or msgbox would be a better name, I'd rather have simplified functions than the direct windows API as it will be easier for everyone.
-ecaradec (March 25, 2012, 07:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

I appreciate not having to think about appending A or W :)

For notifications, I think we should really offer some flexibility, might be we need a notify function that can have several behavior based on a settings so that the result can be handled by Qatapult, Growl or Windows, or something else.

--- End quote ---

That sounds like a good idea.

I'm wondering if what you want to place on the first pane is a typed result or just a text.
--- End quote ---

Initially I just thought text, but my brain is starting to wonder.  If any relevant-seeming ideas come up, I hope to pass them on.

Ah...I guess your latest version may have related functionality already :)

Thanks for the new version -- hope to try it soon!

ecaradec:
It seems I wasn't clear, I confirm you that setinput is the way to set the pane arguments. I struggled to find a decent name for the function and as a result I'm not sure that the final choice is a good fit. This might really be a too much thought method name.  :P

I think that it was absolutly necessary that I set type to the results : just setting the input query would have been completly unreliable, as you could have end up with the wrong result like an extra filename on some other person computer.

ecaradec:
Just thinking that one of the common uses for setInput would be when you zip a file, or do something else with a file to reopen Qatapult with the ouput file focused.

ecaradec:
Do you mind if I change the name of setInput to setOutput ? I think it would be more appropriate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version