ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Ecaradec's Software

Qatapult

<< < (37/67) > >>

ecaradec:
You new skin looks awesome pigeonlips. However I feel a bit lost without a focus and your skin would require a different focus for each position of the focus.

However there is a special rule that I haven't really documented yet for background that you might use for focus. Qatapult will take the background picture whose path match :

background_(nbitems)_(focus).png

So you can make different background that include the focus by making the following backgrounds :

background_2_1.png
background_2_2.png
background_3_2.png
background_3_3.png

You won't need to include the focus anymore. You also might want to keep a background.png so that Qatapult default on it if it can't find a match.

ewemoa:
The first and the last rule in the bookmark plugin is a 4 items rule. I think that's your issue ewemoa, but I don't know what's the purpose of that 4th argument. It doesn't seem used.
-ecaradec (February 28, 2012, 07:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

May be pigeonlips could clarify :)

pigeonlips:
Hi all,

Yeah i can clairy. It was going to be used for the Name so like this:

Web Cat > Add to > URL > Name.

In the end i left it out in my struggle to make it work. I should now be easy to put back in. That upload was very very rough. I should have held off till it was fully finished :o

Also it would be cool if there was a way of setting a hint or something as with this approach i can not think of a way to notify the user what goes where in the GUI (IE s/he would need to know the order is > URL > NAME. ). Theres no "un-documented" way to set the text at the top (indexing) or preferably bottom (path) is there ?  :D

I feel a bit lost without a focus
--- End quote ---
too true. I had played around with the focus.png and as gutted i couldn't get it to work, Thanks for the tip with the backgrounds. Here's what i got (see attachment)

re-position icons and text depending on the pane your on might be cool. I really would like to try a skin that instead of focus, uses size to indicate what pane your on.

Also that Alfred link looks great. I would try replicating it (will if you want), but the bit that looks the best is the preview part on the right.

I'd love to see something like that in qatapult with thumbnails but i guess that's a pretty big feature. If your keen just having the sources (ie IndexedFiles, Filesystem, Network, Window, Web, etc would be handy as a start. Thats just an idea though.

Great new update with the release. Thanks Heaps. I think its great how much progress you are making with it. The fairy-tale is fast becoming a legend to be sung in songs of old!

Maybe the 1% will start to get jealous  :D

PS - forgot to ask - qatapult defaults to center screen - any way of configuring this. I'd like to try a skin that's at the top of the screen.

ewemoa:
Also it would be cool if there was a way of setting a hint or something as with this approach i can not think of a way to notify the user what goes where in the GUI (IE s/he would need to know the order is > URL > NAME. ). Theres no "un-documented" way to set the text at the top (indexing) or preferably bottom (path) is there ?  :D
-pigeonlips (February 29, 2012, 03:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

Some kind of status text does sound nice.

For comparison...

QS

Qatapult

Option in FARR

Qatapult

ewemoa:
I miss the change in color of the area where the text is typed in a pane -- so it looks like a text edit field:

Qatapult

The subtle background is nice too -- presumably of the object's default image.

May be this will be possible at some point?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version