ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Ecaradec's Software

Qatapult

<< < (34/67) > >>

ewemoa:
At least I have a new version ;)
-ecaradec (February 24, 2012, 02:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the new version!

I'm not sure if it's from this version or a previous one, but in the process of trying out pigeonlips' Bookmarks plugin:

Qatapult

After tabbing to the 3rd pane:

Qatapult

Pane 3 appears to be truncated.

The truncation appears to happen with the inline skin too (vertical this time):

Qatapult

Qatapult

Also inline text mode seems to lead to truncation:

Qatapult

This was all with Windows XP Pro SP3.

ewemoa:
add the plugin xml
-pigeonlips (February 23, 2012, 06:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

I changed some of the plugins\bookmark\ instances to plugins\Bookmarks\.

Renaming and opening worked here.

Although I see a DOS window come up for a moment, adding didn't work with:

Pane 1: https://duckduckgo.com/
Pane 2: Add Bookmark As
Pane 3: DuckDuckGo

I checked websites.db via SQLiteDatabaseBrowser after exiting Qatapult, and didn't see any new bookmarks.

Deleting didn't seem to work either.

This is all with Windows XP Pro SP3.

ewemoa:
I had a look at node.js and spotted that it now has a Windows installer. The previous time I had a look it was only available on linux. Node.js would be very nice to include, as it has a lot of librairies.
-ecaradec (February 24, 2012, 12:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

It certainly appears to be an interesting project.

However its purpose is to be a server and it doesn't seems to be easily embeddable : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5525162/how-to-embed-node-js-interpreter-into-c-c

--- End quote ---

It'd be nice to somehow leverage node.js -- its asynchronous programming model may take some getting used to though.  As I understand it, it's similar to Python's Twisted.

v8 seems embedable however, I'll have a quick look if I can integrate that.

--- End quote ---

That sounds interesting -- wishing you luck!

ecaradec:
I reproduced you issue ewemoa : it seems related to having 4 panes query or something like that (Qatapult default to the background.png background instead of the correct length one ). I'll have a fix as soon as I can release the new version. I'm reworking code so that catalogs can output more than one type of object and other clean up things. I've moved fast, I have to pay the price a bit of it now in order to add a plugin system.

the developer was able to avoid a lot of messiness that crept into QS' evolution.

--- End quote ---
That should work for us as well ;). It's actually really helpful not having to inspect every direction to check if everything is ok in the long run.

I thought about the script integration too. I think that it'll be faster that I use JScript first. I can keep it apart enough so that we might switch latter. The main issue with V8 is that we would end up with a script engine without system connectivity : V8 doesn't comes with activexobject support of course and it would be a lot harder to write plugins without it. Anyways plugins aren't probably going to do a lot of length compute so that shouldn't be too bad.

ewemoa:
Thanks for the status update and your thoughts on script integration.  Good luck with your current course of action :)

On a side note, I'm curious as to what MS is thinking (bad assumption?) about node.js / V8 in relation to JScript -- IIUC, MS worked with Joyent on the Windows port of node.js:

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/microsoft/microsoft-joyent-deliver-first-stable-build-of-nodejs-on-windows/11178

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version