ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Ecaradec's Software

Qatapult

<< < (31/67) > >>

ecaradec:
I hope that whatever choice is made, the app can remain portable

--- End quote ---
That's the issue with relying on activex objects to bind behaviors. Windows has a lot of theses objects preinstalled, but some will need a separate installation. Implementing JSctypes would be best; it's also quite a bit of work because nobody seem to have done and published it on a JScript basis.

I tried the import.vbs. It seems to works with google chrome too, I just needed to change the path to :
bookmarkfile   =   objShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%USERPROFILE%") & "\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Bookmarks"

However Qatapult doesn't seems to know what to do with thoses types, may be that's just a bug in Qatapult. Did actions worked for you pigeonlips ?

pigeonlips:
yeah it works for me. I did have to use the full path to the import.vbs script and set the working dir to be the location of the sqlite3.exe.

Qatapult doesn't seems to know what to do with thoses types

--- End quote ---

not sure what you mean. I did get the 'import bookmarks' verb in the middle pane and it ran ok. I did have to select a bookmark in the web cat first.

I'm also working on a better more simple (but maybe more helpful) plugin where you can add or delete an entry from the website.db

The problem is that need to use 4 panes to get all the details for the row:

any entry in website (cat) > add bookmark (verb) > Name > URL

it would be sweet if qataplut knew that anything in the first pane that starts with http:// is a website and inherits the verb for website type. Then i could do this.

http://some.url > Add bookmark > Name

at the moment i added an entry called new (no URL) to work around, but i still need to use 4 panes or present a dialogue to add the name. I was hoping to avoid this as it always seems a little bolt on when i have to come out of qatapult to complete an action.

pigeonlips:
quick suggestion too - hope you dont mind.

In another launcher i used (executor) it separated the results list by what it called group which is your cats. This would be nice so that when i search for something say 'word' i can easily distinguish what it is. IE

APPLICATION
word
WINDOW
word - some open document
WEBSITE
help using MS WORD

ewemoa:
Don't know if it's a good idea, but if "multiple items per pane" is implemented at some point (in QS lingo "the comma trick" -- see page 15 of the manual), may be that would be a work-around of a sorts...

ewemoa:
In another launcher i used (executor) it separated the results list by what it called group which is your cats. This would be nice so that when i search for something say 'word' i can easily distinguish what it is.
-pigeonlips (February 23, 2012, 04:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

It does seem like some kind of grouping of results might be nice.  Not sure what a good UI would be for it though.

I used Exector for a bit at some point too but I don't think I ended up feeling that the grouping was done well (though perhaps better than nothing?).

The following screenshot is from one of the launcher's pages (to supplement pigeonlips' description a bit):

Qatapult

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version