ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Ecaradec's Software

Qatapult

<< < (30/67) > >>

ecaradec:
I know its only cosmetic but i think it makes the app look nicer ! Thanks.

--- End quote ---
Qatapult is a very cosmetic app, so this is a good fix

I agree about the ECMAScript being the probable best choice. It would probably be JScript except if I can find a good reason not to use that if we go javascript. Beyond that it will probably be much faster that way because I've some familiarity with it ;). The annoying thing with JScript is the lack of libraries which means that I'll have to implement everything in the client, or that we'll have to rely on activexobject. I might also bind the libffi probably with a jsctypes taste to access the native api : https://wiki.mozilla.org/JSctypes

Beyond that we'll probably need a native extension mecanism that would allows more things, but as a starting point a script based thing might be powerful enough.

I'm also working on a skin thing these day. I'm a bit strugling making a system that works with various dimensions of input fields : most sources have a unique display (CONTACT looks different from FILE, or TEXT etc... ), which means that they'll need to handle drawing within variable dimensions. I'm approching a good comprise still.

ewemoa:
Thanks for the status report :)

The annoying thing with JScript is the lack of libraries which means that I'll have to implement everything in the client, or that we'll have to rely on activexobject. I might also bind the libffi probably with a jsctypes taste to access the native api : https://wiki.mozilla.org/JSctypes
-ecaradec (February 22, 2012, 07:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

I agree about lack of libraries being a problem. 

Some kind of FFI as you suggest does sound like it might be a good strategic choice.

I hope that whatever choice is made, the app can remain portable.  When working with fscript.dll I often found myself looking for additional functionality -- and one route that seemed technically feasible was to get additional functionality by installing some COM-related bits.  IIRC, that often (always?) entails some kind of non-portable changes to the system via regsvr32 -- and I think that's not portable-friendly.  Do you know if this understanding is correct?

ewemoa:
Its to import bookmarks from chromium.
-pigeonlips (February 21, 2012, 07:53 PM)
--- End quote ---

Is the following close to what it does?

* Read Chrom(e|ium)'s Bookmarks file collecting URLs and associated names
* Add the collected info to Qatapult's websites.db using sqlite3.exe

pigeonlips:
yeah. In a nutshell,

VB script scraps the bookmarks file for Chrom(e|ium) looking for the name and the URL.

it strips out duff charators that cause some problems for SQLite and outputs the results into a text file in the %TEMP% folder that's formated into a sql query.

Then sqlite3.exe (bunddled commandlite tool for SQLite) runs the script and inserts data.

There are some limitations. I'm busy at the mo - but will put out another post (hopefully with some improvments) and a detailed explaination soon.

Much love.

ewemoa:
ecaradec:

I edited settings.xml to try out relative paths for searchFolders (e.g. ..) and it seems like it works :)  I hope this functionality remains as it is nice for portable set-ups where the drive letter can change easily.

I don't see the corresponding entry for .. via the Options dialog and when I edit via the Options dialog, I think the entry for .. get overwritten.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version