ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Ecaradec's Software

Qatapult

<< < (28/67) > >>

ewemoa:
Is there currently a way for a plugin to dynamically generate objects for Qatapult and/or provide Catalog objects?

ecaradec:
Not yet. That's definitly on my list, but I'm very careful about it since unlike rules I'll need to add a real extension mecanism with dll, etc... Requesting it might accelerate the whole thing. Sources have to provide the $x.variables and I'm not completly determined on the list of thoses variables.

I've also considered various possible way of extensions, one of them would be to regularly run an executable that would index things and return them as an csv output file.

Do you have an idea of Catalog you'd like to write, or is it just an idea ? Do you know which language you'd like to use ? C,C++ probably would be first as they'd be the most flexible, but I'm not sure if that would be the best option for most peoples.

pigeonlips:
@ewemoa
* If there had been problems, investigation might have been easier than working with a compiled version too as I've found being able to examine and modify source and test the results often helps in such situations.
asdasd

--- End quote ---

I like the simplicity of the complied version. But i agree with all your points. I'll always include the .ahk file in the plugins folder. asdasd - guess i shouldnt be sticking strings in the script that for testing :) - lol If i wasnt compiling this wouldnt have happened!

I had to train my patience a bit to try this out as I tried to download it to soon after downloading the changetext plugin

--- End quote ---

sorry - first hit on google. Not sure how to upload an attachment to donationcode. Seems like the best place to put it so i'm glad your changing an re uploading them here. Thanks.

primitive one-off timer plugin.

--- End quote ---

nice thanks. "12:30 > Timer > lunch" :D\
It would be very nice to combine that timer plugin with snarl

--- End quote ---

:) - i'm a big fan of snarl. It comes with a small app called heysnarl that you can use to quick and easy leverage the api. For the timer app you could play around with this. Not tested yet but i'm sure it will work.

I have used snarl with other scripts i've written a ton of times. Normal approch for me passing in a arg for the "displaytype" and an case statement to run the notification in a msgbox, TrayTip, or Snarl.

If you want to play around with snarl : Add this bit at the top of the script:

--- ---notificationtimeout :=30
HeySnarlLocation :=path\to\heysnarl.exe ; change this to the path to hey snarl app exe

then in the TimeUp label use this:

--- ---  ; register with snarl
run "%HeySnarlLocation%" "register?app-sig=app/timer&title="Qataplut Timer"
; display definition
run "%HeySnarlLocation%" "notify?app-sig=app/timer&title="Qataplut Timer"&text="%MessageStr%"&timeout="%notificationtimeout%""
; unregister with snarl
run "%HeySnarlLocation%" "unregister?app-sig=app/timer&title="Qataplut Timer"
SoundBeep
Return

@ecaradec
the results pane now won't go further than the right side of Qatapult and center under each position of the cursor

--- End quote ---

I know its only cosmetic but i think it makes the app look nicer! Thanks.

By the way if you need to get an old version they are all available here : http://emmanuelcaradec.com/qatapult/bin

--- End quote ---

Do you have an idea of Catalog you'd like to write, or is it just an idea ?

--- End quote ---

* I'd like to try my hand at a paste bin type cat. IE a cat that has predifend text strings that can be pasted into the currently focused app. Think Email signatures, etc.

* also a plugin to get my bookmarks from my browser and add this to the website

Unfortunately my coding skills in a real languge are none existent. Outside a little autohotkey, vbs, python, i'm usless.

-----------------------------------------

is the number under the item in the drop down the weighting for relavence? just curious.

Thanks

ewemoa:
Do you have an idea of Catalog you'd like to write, or is it just an idea ?
-ecaradec (February 20, 2012, 07:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Two items I started considering are:

* OpenWith plugin - a bit like the FARR Akete plugin - show in the third pane candidate applications a user has pre-specified
* Timers Catalog - this would allow a user to access already-set timers so they might be cancelled or rescheduled
Do you know which language you'd like to use ? C,C++ probably would be first as they'd be the most flexible, but I'm not sure if that would be the best option for most peoples.

--- End quote ---

I confess that C / C++ / Objective C are languages I have worked hard in the past to avoid -- sometimes writing plugins in C++ / Objective C that enable use of other programming languages instead.

With the popularity of ECMAScript, I think that would be a natural candidate -- not to mention the fact that JScript comes with Windows (so potentially no additional download).  I haven't figured out if it's possible to load a DLL using JScript though.  I'm curious about V8 (and possibly node.js) but I wonder about the potential impact on the size of the host application.

ewemoa:
I like the simplicity of the complied version. But i agree with all your points. I'll always include the .ahk file in the plugins folder.
-pigeonlips (February 20, 2012, 05:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

I also like the simplicity of compiled things.  Perhaps there's some way to get the benefits of both in one download...not sure how though.

Appreciate your sharing the .ahk versions :up:

Not sure how to upload an attachment to donationcode.

--- End quote ---

May be this will help:

1. Press the Browse button

Qatapult

2. Locate an appropriate file via the resulting dialog

3. Verify the path to the file

Qatapult

Note there are restrictions via file extensions and file size but I usually don't find this to be a problem -- these are listed in text below the Browse button.

For other attachment capabilities, may be the following will help:

new forum feature coded - ability to inline link attachments!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version