ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Ecaradec's Software

Qatapult

<< < (14/67) > >>

ewemoa:
The one thing that does bother me a little is the position of the drop down box in the second and third pane. I'd rather see it expand the whole size of qatapult.
-pigeonlips (February 09, 2012, 08:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Interestingly, in the QS Manual on page 10 it shows what you describe for 2 panes (i.e. expanding to the width of both panes).  However, for 3 panes, on page 8, it shows something similar to how Qatapult currently seems to behave...

link to modified QS manualBTW, modified the QS manual to make navigation easier (now has table of contents which may be viewable as a side pane in some PDF viewers):

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=28713.msg272276#msg272276

ewemoa:
Some minor points I noticed:

This works:

--- ---[rule_2]
0_arg=TEXT
1_lbl=Large Type
1_ico=icons\LargeType.png
cmd=..\AutoHotkey_L\AutoHotkey.exe
args=LargeType.ahk "$0.text"

but this doesn't:

--- ---[rule_2]
0_arg=TEXT
1_lbl=Large Type
1_ico=icons\LargeType.png
cmd=..\AutoHotkey_L\AutoHotkey.exe
args="LargeType.ahk" "$0.text"

I'm guessing the double quotes in the args= line might be relevant.

I'll try to attach the script and icon at the end of this post.

As a side note, in the cmd= line, referencing an AHK_L exe allows us to not bother with compiling scripts -- this may be more convenient during testing / development.  This may work with AHK Basic too, but I haven't tried that.

Also, IIRC, using mpress.exe, AHK_L's exe can be made between 300 and 400 kB so it's not so bad in terms of file size from the perspective of a potential user -AND- AHK doesn't need to be installed (it's "portable").  So the AHK exe can just sit in the same directory as Qatapult.exe.  For users who don't mind obtaining AHK's exe but don't want to install it (e.g. weird people like myself) may be this is a viable option.

Thanks to pigeonlips' examples -- they were helpful in working out the above example.

Any chance there'd be a way to get settings.ini reread conveniently?  Right now I quit Qatapult using 'Quit' and then start it again.  Is there already a "Reload" or "Restart" command?  Or may be there is already some good way to manage that I missed :)

I appreciate the support for relative paths in settings.ini.  Thanks!

On a related note, I tried to use environment variables but didn't have much luck.  Is that something that is supposed to work?

Sorry if I missed it, but is there a way to set a font?  I don't see a setting in the generated settings.ini.

ecaradec:
finding that its defaulting to text straight away
-pigeonlips (February 09, 2012, 06:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
That's definitly a mistake. It should still be the last result unless you add a '
Fixed !

There is a ton of new ideas, I've read them. I'll take the time to answer later ;) it's time for relaxing and medition tonight

ewemoa:
BTW, I have an almost working "Calculate".

How to display the results though...

The current testing version has code for:

* Via the LargeType functionality posted earlier
* Via pasting a value in to Qatapult's first pane
The paste method doesn't work so well at the moment -- somehow, dots get lost so what should come out as:

results in:

In either case, the result of calculation is not (easily?) selectable for use elsewhere -- some motivation for making things selectable in Qatapult panes? :)

May be there could be a way to pass a running Qatapult instance some data to display -- perhaps via some command line invocation?

ecaradec:
Are you actually pasting text into qatapult or sending it in some way via autohotkey ? If you send it as char it would be as if you hit the . key, and as qatapult is doing some special use with it it doesn't work. Autohotkey also has special send commands that behave differently, one of them might work better...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version