ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Ecaradec's Software

Qatapult

<< < (10/67) > >>

ecaradec:
I've completed a first version that support user defined rules. Rules are the way you can define new multipanes commands. I've converted the old verb customisation to this, as this is much more flexible. Here is an example :

--- ---[rule_0]
0_arg=FILE
1_lbl=Cmd here
1_ico=icons\command.png
cmd=cmd.exe
args=
workdir=$0.directory

The configuration still has to be done via the ini file for the moment. Here is how it works :
- Firstly define a new [rule] block and give it a number starting from 0

- Then you can set two kinds of things :
    - a (x)_arg parameter to decide that the x parameter is of some predefined type. Useful predefined types right now are : FILE, CONTACT, CLOCK, WEBSITE and TEXT
    OR
    - a (x)_lbl + (x)_ico pair to add a custom word with an icon. You'll usually use those to put a verb

- Then define a cmd, args and a workdir. In those 3 fields you can use variables to access the values of the panes. The syntax for this is : $(pane_nb).(value). pane_nb can be any number from 0 to rule length (1 or 2 under the current ability of the UI ) . 'value' is the interesting thing : you can access any value that compose a type. For a FILE you can access path, directory, filename; For a CONTACT you can access display and email; For a WEBSITE you can get display, href, searchHref, icon; For a TEXT you can get text; CLOCK doesn't return anything yet, but it would probably time something.

@pigeonlips : don't invest too much on file verbs, tell me what you think about this ;).

pigeonlips:
what am i doing wrong? It displays fine but when i invoke nothing happens?
[FileVerbs]
count=2
0_name=Cmd here
0_workdir=%d
0_command=cmd
0_args=
1_name=Explore here
1_workdir=%d
1_command=explorer
1_args=/e,/root,"%d"
[rule_0]
0_arg=TEXT
1_lbl=run on command line
1_ico=icons\terminal.png
cmd=cmd
args=/K "$0.text"
workdir=%d
[SearchFolders]
count=2

ewemoa:
The following worked for me:

[QSLLContacts]
accessToken=
refreshToken=
email=
username=
password=
server=smtp

[rule_0]
0_arg=TEXT
1_lbl=run on command line
1_ico=icons\terminal.png
cmd=cmd.exe
args=/K "$0.text"
workdir=%d

--- End quote ---

However, pressing tab once I typed text in the first pane seemed to cause something I didn't want to be selected as the value for the first pane (e.g. try "explorer").

A flow that worked for me was:

* Bring up Qatapult's window
* Press . to enter text mode
* Type in text (e.g. dir or explorer)
* Press the escape key
* Press down arrow and then the page down key to select the last item from candidates
* Press tab to select the second pane
* Press the page down key to select "run on command line"
* Press Enter

On a side note, for entering text mode, I wonder if choosing a key that corresponds to something either not used or infrequently used in file paths would be doable.  Another aspect to consider might be if it can be typed under many key arrangements without having to press any modifiers such as Shift.

The only two such keys for the keyboard layout here that Windows Explorer complains about when renaming files are the slash and the backslash...The former is likely to be used in URLs while the latter is likely to be used in Windows paths.

I think this might be a point in favor of going for pigeonlips' suggestion concerning using the escape key to exit from text mode.

pigeonlips:
still nothing for me. Glad its working for someone. lol.

Maybe its a windows xp thing, or maybe its me being lame and missing something!

I love the idea. Carnt wait to figure it out.....

ewemoa:
pigeonlips:

I started from a fresh settings.ini generated by the newest Qatapult download.  I got the sense from what you posted that it was a modification of a settings.ini generated by an older Qatapult (e.g. reference to FileVerbs) -- may be the newest Qatapult doesn't handle some of the older settings-related info?

It's true that I tested on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit -- so not XP.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version