ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Ecaradec's Software

Qatapult

<< < (4/67) > >>

ecaradec:
Hotkeys configurability is complete. You can now use your favorite key shortcut to invoke Qatapult.

ewemoa:
I verified the hotkey configurabilty under XP -- worked fine here  :up:

Good point about difficulty with maintaining content of panes if tabbing cycles...I hope something good can be worked out though.

Looking forward to context functionality!  Current/last active HWND and clipboard sound good.  I suppose with HWND, one may be able to obtain relevant "selections" -- e.g. text or filepath(s).

By the way, I noticed that Home and End keys don't seem to work in text input mode.  Do you think it would be worth having (most?) editing-related key sequences work under those circumstances?  For example, for path-related editing, control+arrowkeys, control+shift+arrowkeys, control+delete, control+backspace seem quite handy.

I like how the escape key can be used to exit text input mode -- is there an advantage perhaps to not having the period key exit text input mode and instead behave so that a period may be typed?  I guess it doesn't seem confusing to me, but may be it would be for other folks...

I wanted to get at "text" from the first pane to operate on -- I see I can use %d, %p, and %f for path-related things, but is there something else for raw text?

He he.  Sorry if this is too much :)

ecaradec:
I also noticed that period as a text input mode enabler is not very good since it prevent to type anything with a dot. I also found myself under cases where I'd like to filter extensions of some type and then typing a dot would prove useful.

By the way, I noticed that Home and End keys don't seem to work in text input mode.  Do you think it would be worth having (most?) editing-related key sequences work under those circumstances?  For example, for path-related editing, control+arrowkeys, control+shift+arrowkeys, control+delete, control+backspace seem quite handy.
--- End quote ---
Yes I know that some basics of text editing are not there right now. That's due to the fact that I need to reimplement a full text editing control that can work within a transparent window. Noone seems to have developed and share a control like that. Handling all common control shouldn't be too hard anyway.

raw text is not available for new command right now but I'll add these for sure. I also need to add some contextual mode selection so that text commands only appear when text is available and file commands only availables when a file is selected. That's should not be a problem anyway.

He he.  Sorry if this is too much
--- End quote ---
Don't worry your feedback is very welcome.

ewemoa:
Yes I know that some basics of text editing are not there right now. That's due to the fact that I need to reimplement a full text editing control that can work within a transparent window. Noone seems to have developed and share a control like that. Handling all common control shouldn't be too hard anyway.
-ecaradec (January 21, 2012, 07:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry to hear there don't seem to be appropriate ready-made parts.  I hope it doesn't take too much of your energy / time working on this aspect.

raw text is not available for new command right now but I'll add these for sure. I also need to add some contextual mode selection so that text commands only appear when text is available and file commands only availables when a file is selected. That's should not be a problem anyway.

--- End quote ---

Looking forward to these things!

Attached is an updated helper program which provides a tray icon for the time being :)

ecaradec:
I've switched my default keyboard launcher from FARR to Qatapult. There is still a few things that I miss like the fc plugins for math things. I'm carefully documenting the shortcomings of Qatapult, so I found a bunch a small little issues and I added some big things :

* Qatapult now knows your network shares. That make browsing network share much easier : it did worked earlier if you typed the exact path, but now it's much better.
* Qatapult remembers the last files you got from the file explorer. Just time the name of that file once you used it once and it should be there.
* The email source didn't worked anymore. This is fixed. If you tried getting your contacts from gmail and it didn't work, try this version.
* "Current selection" pseudo object (Quicksilver call them proxy ) is now the currently selected file from the explorer (ewemoa special ). I don't have multifile support inside Qatapult, so it will only take the first file for the time being but it would be totally possible to add the whole selection.
* The text moves are more complete with ctrl+back, ctrl+del, and control moves, etc.. (ewemoa special )

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version